Shorthorn Breeders, questions about a Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

phillse

Reaction score
I have been eying this bull for about a year and thinking about buying semen, Muridale Buster 2nd 76P. Does any of you guys have any experience with his calves. For some reason when I try to pull up his epd's on the ASA I get error and no data.

What kind of gains do his calves have?

How thick are they?

How consistent is his calves?

What frame size?

Can't tell you much about the bull but I have seen the pics of him and quite like him. I too would like to know more about him.

bulls_020.JPG

Thanks for your interest in our bull phillse.

Here is a picture of one of his sons, out of a first calf Saskvalley Bonanza daughter.
His Bw was 80 lbs and a 205 wt of 543 lbs.
We have used Buster 2nd on our heifers the last 3 years, and he has calved real easy for us. His calves are moderate in their growth, but all have been out of heifers.
Buster 2nd 76P epd's are up at the ASA .
His mature wt is 2200 lbs and a frame 5.5

A guy used him from Alberta and this is what he had to say ; " They are the most consistent set of calves ever born here, out of our heifers. We bred him to our Shorthorn and our Maine x Angus heifers, and so far we have had 31 calves and haven't had to help any of them. They are averaging around 70 pounds, and they are all polled, thick, dark red and have nice heads like their sire."

If you have any more questions please get back to me.
Scot

Latest posts