Short window

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Looking at the weather pressures and the cold front pushing in Most all of Alabama , central GA and western Panhandle should be Clear Wed- Friday. It looks like I'm on the frontal boundary. The storms are still rolling thru here today so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on another patch.

M-5":cg7a6t2i said:
Looking at the weather pressures and the cold front pushing in Most all of Alabama , central GA and western Panhandle should be Clear Wed- Friday. It looks like I'm on the frontal boundary. The storms are still rolling thru here today so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on another patch.

aint no pulling any trigger here were getting atleast a inch a day for next 4 days they say and so far they been right.. I was lucky to get my silage done when i did.

I'm waiting on a good 4 day window of hot dry weather myself.

Need to get about 500 square bales put up for the sheep and probably rolls another 25 rounds for the cows.

I can't recall a day when it hasn't rained so I'm not cutting anything till this stops and the ground dries because its saturated and I don't think I could ever get the hay to dry for it steaming from the bottom no matter how many times I fluff it.

kentuckyguy":381h7nfw said:

Need to get about 500 square bales put up for the sheep and probably rolls another 25 rounds for the cows.

Good luck, my friend.

Bright Raven":xl2g6v23 said:
kentuckyguy":xl2g6v23 said:

Good luck, my friend.

Thanks I'll need it.

If nothing changes Sunday after church I'll start laying it down.

Laid down about 10 acres Saturday hopefully start baling tomorrow. Grass was pretty good had lots of German millet in it.

cHiiGLy.jpg

I am stuck at work but my father in law is going to start taking and baling today. Looks like round bales today and squares tomorrow

Took a chance and mowed a little for squares last night. Thin enough I think it'll dry before the next rain. Last time I took a chance it rained as soon as I was done mowing, and about 10 times over the next two weeks.

Chance of showers here today and tonight , if we don't get much , I think I'll cut. 4-5 day window after that

cK3ajEz.jpg

Finally moved hay out of the field today. Ended up getting 30 rolls and 380 small square bales. Looks like we may get one more cut.

I'll try to get some more pics up. I really enjoy looking at everyone else's pics from the farm.

I got a break in the weather about two weeks ago and was able to get one field up. I was going to cut three fields but I got cold feet and didn't. Glad I didn't because it has rained every day since I got the hay up. One of my friends who won't work on Sunday delayed his cutting till the day after I cut. His is still wet on the ground because it gets soaked every day just as it is about dry enough to bale.

Latest posts