Short trip Seattle to Vancouver

Help Support CattleToday:

mitch2

Reaction score
A girlfriend and I are going to land in Seattle and drive to Vancouver (Surrey) for a wedding. We will be arriving on a Thursday late morning and the wedding will not be until Saturday evening. We have time to explore! Please let me know some ideas from the time we arrive until Saturday evening!
Eats, things to see - whatever is a "MUST" if you think we may never venture here again! Keep in mind we are fortyish Wisconsin girls.... :wave:

Thanks everyone!
Michele

Which Vancouver? If its in Canada, don't miss those Japanese flower gardens.

If it is Vancouver, WA - the old fort was fun - and supposedly haunted. There was a place east of I-5 on Mill Plain that I cannot recall the name of now. It was a hoot back in the 80's.

Vancouver (Surrey) ... Surrey is in British Columbia (BC), so Canada it is. Some of your time may be taken up returning to the States. :eek:

That aside, if you like seafood, Seven Seas Seafood Restaurant in North Vancouver is excellent - they have an all you can eat buffet of just about everything imaginable. Last I was there, they were closed on Mondays. Most excellent!! Its on an old ferry boat that was converted to a restaurant tied up right on the waterfront.

In Seattle, there's the Space Needle and the Museum of Flight at Boeing field, if you like airplanes. Might be a little early for the tulips to be out in the Skagit Valley along I-5 north of Seattle.

--Marc

While in Seattle go to Pikes Place Market and watch them toss the salmon. Take a ferry ride. If you walk on the ride is cheap and you don't have to wait in line. Just ride over to the other side of the Sound and come back.

Make sure you have your passport for the border crossing. It is more of a hassle then it use to be but with proper ID it isn't too bad.

Dave":w7msuaaa said:
While in Seattle go to Pikes Place Market and watch them toss the salmon. Take a ferry ride. If you walk on the ride is cheap and you don't have to wait in line. Just ride over to the other side of the Sound and come back.

Make sure you have your passport for the border crossing. It is more of a hassle then it use to be but with proper ID it isn't too bad.

Hey, I forgot about the ferry rides. Ride to Bremerton is 1 hr each way; ride to Bainbridge Island is ~30 minutes each way. Pike's Place Market fish toss is interesting to watch too.

--Marc

Pikes Place Market
Ferry Ride
But what the heck is imitation crabmeat?

mitch2":1yir0ul7 said:
But what the heck is imitation crabmeat?

Techinal name is Surimi. It's whitefish, formed to look like flake or chunk crabmeat. I forget what the legal level of real crab meat is it has to contain but it isn't much. I am thinking 5% but it's been so long I can't remember.

Skip the imitation crab. It would be out of your way but if you want real crab go to Westport. You can watch them unload the real thing and get some fresh. It is an interesting day trip from Seattle but it is south and west and not north toward Vancouver. It is also right on the ocean. While both Seattle and Vancouver are on the salt water they on inland water. Standing on the edge of the Pacific is an entirely different experience.

I pretty much avoid Seattle but I do have a sister and brother who live and work up there. Let me know which week you plan to be in town and I will ask them about anything special that is happening then.

Latest posts