Shopping the Crawford Ranch way

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Husband took me out shopping for home improvement supplies. We found a couple things that will look good on the walls.

The kiln is empty now. Planning on covering a vaulted ceiling with some of this pine. Then we have some 18ft walls we are going to put tongue and grooved (similar to shiplap but tidier) up these walls...They will be painted, ceiling will be stained. I have 2 stained glass panels that will go in the ceiling and 2 that will slide over two windows. These will be our first pines we've cut down for our personal use. We've used pines for lumber, but only used dead ones (which are blue)....I told him, "Why do we always have to eat the rotten apples, I want a good one." So off they go, skidder just headed out to get these big trees.... I'm pretty excited.

Slide i'm working on. They will mirror each other, and each one has 280 pieces. They are 4 1/2 x 2 1/2ish, something like that

Trees are down and first measured is 90 ft. Husband said the other was taller. And a bat flew out of one lol

farmboy80":8c0k55ng said:
The stained glass is amazing! Be sure to post pictures when it's done. Or just pm them to me.
Thank you..I will. We have to make the track and frame for it. I'm thinking we may use some hickory for the frame or maybe the mystery wood we got on the road. We think it may be locust or persimmon...not really sure but its really unique.. The roots of the stained glass tree will go over into the wood. I'll take them over with lead....its in my head, I just have to work it out.
Just made the trim for the walls. We're making it up as we go. The wall is oak board and batten and is plate rail high. Above that i'm putting pressed tin. The pine is for the ceiling..

While the guys were milling the wood, I had this project sitting out in the wood shop. I found this piece of wood way back in the field we call Burned pines. A few trees lived and this was on a dead tree. I immediately saw a horse head. I'll work on it in spurts. I tend to over cut if I work on wood carvings for too long. Its best I cut for a hour or so, then walk away..