Shopping at lumber yard

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Went to the lumber yard and picked out our new wall and ceiling wood...

Found some nice blue pine, really like the look. Planning on white washing it.

After Hugo, Georgia Pacific tried to market the blue stained pine as specialty lumber but it just didn't catch on. You are right, it does look pretty neat. Why not try pickling it and see how that looks.

I did a test on the white washing, looks really good. Waiting on a planer part to get them all going.. Have a big load in the kiln that will be ready soon. We have 3 planers, the one that we are waiting for a part we'll use for sanding.. Will look into pickling but i bet i'll get the same results as white washing..

When we went into the pines to get wood, our intentions were to get newly dead ones just because. Once we cut into them, we found them to be blue. The long one on the trailer was hit by lightning...You can see the split in the bark. I wondered if the split went deep, but it didnt. Made some really nice lumber. Going to do a plate rail height bead board wainscoting and we'll cover the ceiling with tongue and groove. Looks really good white washed, cant wait to get it going. I'm also doing a stained glass window to replace one i did 25 yrs ago i no longer like... The new one will have around 700 pieces in it..got a lot of work ahead of me...Once our bedroom is done, we're doing a lot in the living room but will be oak.. stained glass is going in there too...

cowgirl8":3dn81ia1 said:
I did a test on the white washing, looks really good. Waiting on a planer part to get them all going.. Have a big load in the kiln that will be ready soon. We have 3 planers, the one that we are waiting for a part we'll use for sanding.. Will look into pickling but i bet i'll get the same results as white washing..

Maybe different terminology for the same thing. I just know it as pickling.

If cattle prices keep nosediving, we plan to do something in the lumber direction...maybe flooring....

Latest posts