Shoplifter shot trying to escape

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Interesting news story tonight out of Kansas City. Woman shoplifts meat from grocery store. Manager observes the theft and follows her out of the store trying to stop her. She starts her car and bumps the store manager with the car, determined to get away. A person in the parking lot sees what is happening, pulls a gun and orders the woman to stop the car and get out. She didn't and he shot her in the shoulder. According to the news report, the shooter had a concealed carry permit from another state. The woman's teenage kid was interviewed on the news, he's outraged that his mom was shot, says the bystander had "no right". The police are investigating. Based on how the facts were presented on this newscast, I think the "lady" should consider herself lucky to only be shot in the shoulder and the shooter shouldn't face any charges because the life of the store manager was being threatened by intentionally hitting him with her car.

If you're gonna engage in criminal activity, then be prepared to accept the conseqences of that kind of lifestyle. She should be glad he didn't shoot her in the head.

Larry

larryshoat":19vbh21c said:
If you're gonna engage in criminal activity, then be prepared to accept the conseqences of that kind of lifestyle. She should be glad he didn't shoot her in the head.

Larry
My thoughts exactly.

So we were supposed to let her drive off? Even if she were caught through her plate numbers, nothing would have happened to her. I don't think she'll be shoplifting again any time soon. If every store owner posted a sign saying that shoplifters would be shot on sight, maybe people would think twice before pulling this stuff.

"Outraged". I really appreciate a reaction like that in a story. Actually, I'm "outraged" that the good citizen was such a poor shot. Center of mass, center of mass, center of mass. Not in the shoulder!

The part that concerns me is that his CCW was not from MO. He could get into trouble since congress hasn;t had the good judgement to pass the reciprocol license law they have been messing around with

grannysoo":1fjpf52h said:
"Outraged". I really appreciate a reaction like that in a story. Actually, I'm "outraged" that the good citizen was such a poor shot. Center of mass, center of mass, center of mass. Not in the shoulder!
Exactly.
If the shooter is not charged and convicted of criminal charges, will still probably get taken to the cleaners in a civil suit.

Ryder":2386fw1i said:
grannysoo":2386fw1i said:
Exactly.
If the shooter is not charged and convicted of criminal charges, will still probably get taken to the cleaners in a civil suit.
you got that right.......... the lawers will contact her,, even if she dont contact them ,, dam buzzard circle around till they find a case like this, and usually end up with the majority of the prize,...... that said, he probably will wish he had turned his head for their through

dun":1ul3tusc said:
The part that concerns me is that his CCW was not from MO. He could get into trouble since congress hasn;t had the good judgement to pass the reciprocol license law they have been messing around with
He didn't need a CW permit to carry a gun !!!!!!!! :)

talldog":15gwixfd said:
dun":15gwixfd said:
I was coming to comment on that but you beat me to it.
Maybe more later.

If he had shot her dead, would he be convicted for Murder or Manslaughter??, not sure I would want to intervene for repercussions to myself. Take out the tyres maybe so the car was immobile, if possible or something of the like. :?

Ryder":2twxrkw5 said:
talldog":2twxrkw5 said:
dun":2twxrkw5 said:
I was coming to comment on that but you beat me to it.
Maybe more later.
I'ld like to hear more

I'd hate to shoot someone over a pack of meat - less of course it was grassfed then that'd be different - but if I thought the manager's life was in danger I think the fella showed more restraint than I would have. She does look like a pillar of the community don't she?

Jogeephus":lxa06fx3 said:
I'd hate to shoot someone over a pack of meat - less of course it was grassfed then that'd be different -
Where is the line between misdemeanor and felony in GA? I forget if it is 100 or 500 or a thousand here. Even with $10 grassfed, that would be a lot of hamburger.

Jogeephus":lxa06fx3 said:
...but if I thought the manager's life was in danger I think the fella showed more restraint than I would have. She does look like a pillar of the community don't she?

She's a beauty. Has that natural glow. A vehicle is as much a weapon as a gun. Glad the guy stopped her before the manager got hurt.

Unless they have changed it recently, $500 is the line here.

Isn't it funny how family members of criminals always spew the same responses when their loved one gets capped during a crime.

I heard about this and read all of the links..

WTF?????? That beotch is actually stealing from any decent honest hard working person as when they steal the retailers have to raise their prices on YOU to recover their losses.

She is lucky that the guy is a good aim as he did not want to kill her and the manager is lucky that he was not hurt.

Unfortunately with your litigation laws or lack there of,,the poor guy is going to lose his shirt and I suspect that the piece of crap thief has a line up of useless attorney's already begging to take her case.. :(

I think she should be charged with atempted murder. After all she also used a deadly weapon. Her car.

Cal

Jogeephus":14dloh0x said:
Unless they have changed it recently, $500 is the line here.

Isn't it funny how family members of criminals always spew the same responses when their loved one gets capped during a crime.

"It wasn't fair. They fought back." is a typical quote.

larryshoat":1mk6ri6k said:

Larry

Maybe he just missed! I wish more criminals would get shot, maybe there wouldn't be as many of them. :)

Latest posts