shooting house

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
These shooting houses will last a long time but I tell ya. I got in one and if you sneeze cough drop a bullet its loud as crap. A tractor dealer I deal with sells these.

ResizedImage_1426991336214_zps7ebb5841.jpg

ResizedImage_1426991335787_zps8a688749.jpg

ResizedImage_1426991336598_zps3afcbafc.jpg

I'm a wood and carpet man myself. I even put plywood under the metal roof. There's no reason a deer should hear you in a box stand. I also use a swing type window instead of a sliding type, just for the noise aspect.

I would be wearing plugs and ear defenders if I used it. Double up on that hearing protection.

Got into a bit of a thing one time in a house and lost a plug during a bit if a tussle - after all the shooting was done my ear never recovered.

Even if you stick the muzzle outside it will be loud.

They are nice but I would rather have a roof and just a nylon tarp for a wind break. Lets some of the sound dissipate.

You might want to have someone stand inside and move around a bit while you are outside - you might be hearing a lot more than you would like. Looks like a human sized bass drum.

At least you will be dry! 8)

What are they worth?

Cheers

highgrit":2nhlym5m said:
I'm a wood and carpet man myself. I even put plywood under the metal roof. There's no reason a deer should hear you in a box stand. I also use a swing type window instead of a sliding type, just for the noise aspect.

Same here thats why I built these

ResizedImage_1396829034372_zps502a7601.jpg

Bez__":1dik61xl said:
I would be wearing plugs and ear defenders if I used it. Double up on that hearing protection.

Got into a bit of a thing one time in a house and lost a plug during a bit if a tussle - after all the shooting was done my ear never recovered.

They are nice but I would rather have a roof and just a nylon tarp for a wind break. Lets some of the sound dissipate.

You might want to have someone stand inside and move around a bit while you are outside - you might be hearing a lot more than you would like. Looks like a human sized bass drum.

What are they worth?

Cheers

Was in a government type building once....all concrete with high ceilings. Explosion went off about 40 ft away. My ears rang for 3 days I think. Then I had tinnitus symptoms for days. As long as there was some type of noise I was ok. If it got quite I couldn't sleep for the ringing in my ears. I refuse to shoot out of a box these days.

HOSS":nzur1jvo said:
Bez__":nzur1jvo said:

What are they worth?

Cheers

Was in a government type building once....all concrete with high ceilings. Explosion went off about 40 ft away. My ears rang for 3 days I think. Then I had tinnitus symptoms for days. As long as there was some type of noise I was ok. If it got quite I couldn't sleep for the ringing in my ears. I refuse to shoot out of a box these days.

I know this much if a Model 12 goes off in the cab of a Chevy pickup after 40+ years your ears will
still be ringing. Might be why I like ladder stands over my box.

The percussion of a 30-06 a couple feet lateral and maybe an inch behind to the left ear left a mark. That's besides all the heavy equipment and other shooting abuse. The ringing isn't as annoying as it used to be.

I don't care for those social events where everyone is talking one bit. I can hear people talking to me, but can't understand a word of it- it's just sound mixed in with all the rest.

It's nice living in a state that allows suppressors so I no longer need hearing protection. It's hard enough to hear at my age without covering my ears.

Latest posts