Shold Ranch- best cattle dogs on earth

Help Support CattleToday:

There is a big difference between the dogs that you use to catch problem cattle and the dogs you use to just help move cattle. Border collies and the herding dogs are like having an extra man or two to cover ground. Great for moving dog broke cattle that know the gig. When you want to catch wild cattle its currs, cats, ect.

A bad cow will ruin a border collie and even some healers. They don't have the heart.

The guys out here call the majority of the cattle off the prairie with cake buggies and sirens. Helicopters are are the next best. Dogs and horses are the last resort when its a get them out dead or alive situation.

i knew this guy who had a great dog. I think he was from hawaii or somewhere. neighbor had some cattle in a bunch of thick brushed hollers. He whistled or told the dog to get them.. Sure enough he'd come back with 1-5 head of cattle. Rounded up all 40 head no problem. It was pretty amazing just sitting there and all the cattle were being gathered up by a dog.

Brute 23":8x25uc1y said:
There is a big difference between the dogs that you use to catch problem cattle and the dogs you use to just help move cattle. Border collies and the herding dogs are like having an extra man or two to cover ground. Great for moving dog broke cattle that know the gig. When you want to catch wild cattle its currs, cats, ect.

A bad cow will ruin a border collie and even some healers. They don't have the heart.

The guys out here call the majority of the cattle off the prairie with cake buggies and sirens. Helicopters are are the next best. Dogs and horses are the last resort when its a get them out dead or alive situation.

Dogs work well on broke cattle .
Never seen a dog that didn't make rank cattle more dangerous. Some people have just never seen rank wild cattle,
those Salt Grass girls saw people once to twice a year up close.
Those Salt grass girls would run like deer at the sight of a horse and every one would fight till exhaustion a dog.
You could pen them with a horse bring a dog at minimum you were going to loose a cow or two.

ALACOWMAN":i2ufe0lv said:
Good video, cowboy gruntin like he just had to many enchiladas, before he got horseback https://youtu.be/WaGhXK8NgxQ
That is a good video. I thought he had gotten off the horse and was running after the bull when he loses his breath. Looked like Blackmouth Curs

JWBrahman":32o450c2 said:
ALACOWMAN":32o450c2 said:
Good video, cowboy gruntin like he just had to many enchiladas, before he got horseback https://youtu.be/WaGhXK8NgxQ
That is a good video. I thought he had gotten off the horse and was running after the bull when he loses his breath. Looked like Blackmouth Curs
he sounds like me toward the end, when he's yelling to shut the gate.....when we'd work cattle..you have to,,,soft spoken words won't cut it...always had to drink a couple cool ones before to mellow a little, and a couple more afterwards to settle...