Shift Work and working for the man

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

shift work stinks
working for the man stinks
making the man rich stinks
I would rather work seven days a week 12 hours a day at my on ranch than making the man rich while working shift
How?
Need more cows, more acreage and more stake money.
One day I will have my dream and I hope if this is any of your dream You have it too.

Anonymous":23i049li said:
shift work stinks
I would rather work seven days a week 12 hours a day at my on ranch than making the man rich while working shift
How?
One day I will have my dream and I hope if this is any of your dream You have it too.

I can relate after thirty years I have come to the conclusion I don't like it.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train, little less than two years to go.

Campground Cattle":wq531kki said:
Anonymous":wq531kki said:
shift work stinks
How?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train, little less than two years to go.

You just have to have a goal in your mind, something that you keep working towards. At first I worked to take care of my wife/kids, now it's seems I've got a second family ( the cow herd ). They don't go to school but they like to eat as much as my boys ever did. C.C. I thought I saw a post awhile back that you had less than a year, I'm glad for you but I envy you. I'm looking at 6 1/2 more years of hard time working shifts.

;-)

well ya'll are both short timers compared to me. I have about 15 more unless I can go full time with my ranch. The problem is I need more land and to pay for it means working more ot which makes shift work even worse.

TLCfromARK":1f2gkvzb said:
Campground Cattle":1f2gkvzb said:
Anonymous":1f2gkvzb said:
shift work stinks
How?

You just have to have a goal in your mind, something that you keep working towards. At first I worked to take care of my wife/kids, now it's seems I've got a second family ( the cow herd ). They don't go to school but they like to eat as much as my boys ever did. C.C. I thought I saw a post awhile back that you had less than a year, I'm glad for you but I envy you. I'm looking at 6 1/2 more years of hard time working shifts.

;-)

I have 300 working days left convert the 6 1/2 years to working days. It makes the last run at the brass ring a lot more bearable. I have been lucky and blessed by God to have a great job ,that has enable me to raise three great kids. The Lord has also blessed me in managing a small peice of heaven.

You're right, I'm working on my own "1,000 day" plan or so if you don't count the O.T. I'm afraid I'm like the guest through, I try to work as much as I can stand ( not near as much as I used to ) in order to get my farm set up as little better. Of course I get the dividends of petting calves, deer hunting and working around my own place.

;-)

I'm on the school plan. I have to stay in school, graduate highschool and college then I get to start working on the farm until I've educated enough to run it.

Latest posts