SHF Style 412T S07

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
memanpa":yjrw95i3 said:
Chris H":yjrw95i3 said:
How does this bull fit in with all those other breeds you just bought in your commercial herd thread? A $10,000 bull is too pricey to use for crossbred calves. You already have more than enough bull power to cover the cows you bought so I'm not sure you'd want to AI the cows with this bull.

a very legitimate question, i too would like to know what the overall plan is,

I wish you guys would quit fishing and move on.

Alan

Alan":2f4ql83m said:
memanpa":2f4ql83m said:
Chris H":2f4ql83m said:
How does this bull fit in with all those other breeds you just bought in your commercial herd thread? A $10,000 bull is too pricey to use for crossbred calves. You already have more than enough bull power to cover the cows you bought so I'm not sure you'd want to AI the cows with this bull.

a very legitimate question, i too would like to know what the overall plan is,

I wish you guys would quit fishing and move on.

Alan

Is it really any of our business if he paid 10,000.00 or 100.00 or if he has 50 bulls and 2 cows? That is his operation and his money and he has to make it all work not us. JHH

JHH & Alan, part of being in the cattle business is learning how not to get sucked into a bad deal. It's also good to learn that what you say here gets around, especially when you use some big names in the purebred business. Now I haven't been after Matt too much because I think he has problems more serious than the need to make up stories to get attention. I'm not laughing at him, just seeing if he'll get back to the truth. Are you guys helping him with the truth or helping feed his fantasy? When he starts making bids on cattle he doesn't have money for, who's going to get hurt?

Chris H":dtsst28a said:
JHH & Alan, part of being in the cattle business is learning how not to get sucked into a bad deal. It's also good to learn that what you say here gets around, especially when you use some big names in the purebred business. Now I haven't been after Matt too much because I think he has problems more serious than the need to make up stories to get attention. I'm not laughing at him, just seeing if he'll get back to the truth. Are you guys helping him with the truth or helping feed his fantasy? When he starts making bids on cattle he doesn't have money for, who's going to get hurt?

These boards are alot more then just dogging someone to dog them. This isn't about cattle, it's about moving on and not looking like a jerk trying to make someone else look like a jerk... lets move on.

I visited with Kevin Schultz of Sandhills Farm on the phone today regarding the bull that is the subject of this thread.

He told me that Matt (Hill Creek Farm) had already bid the required $10,000 to own the bull. Congratulations, Matt, on buying what looks to be a very nice bull! Good luck with him.

George

Looks like this is for real....

Alan

Chris H":2nm24qnb said:
What cattle weren't paid for Chris? Please let me know if I have debts on cattle because as far as I know, I have none.

Hill Creek Farm":t2yw8tya said:
Chris H":t2yw8tya said:
What cattle weren't paid for Chris? Please let me know if I have debts on cattle because as far as I know, I have none.

Matt, what happened to the Angus you said you bought when you became 100% Angus a couple months ago? The transfer never showed up on the Angus site.

Alan":33ndtn2j said:
Chris H":33ndtn2j said:

These boards are alot more then just dogging someone to dog them. This isn't about cattle, it's about moving on and not looking like a jerk trying to make someone else look like a jerk... lets move on.

I visited with Kevin Schultz of Sandhills Farm on the phone today regarding the bull that is the subject of this thread.

He told me that Matt (Hill Creek Farm) had already bid the required $10,000 to own the bull. Congratulations, Matt, on buying what looks to be a very nice bull! Good luck with him.

George

Looks like this is for real....

Alan

Nothing is 'for real' until the money is in the bank and the registration papers say 'Matt'.

I think Chris is pointing out that a bid was made for the bull, but that doesn't mean that the money for the bid has actually exchanged hands.

Remember, ALL that I reported was that Matt had made a $10,000 bid for the bull. I sincerely hope that it was a bid made in good faith and I'm going to assume that it was until I find that the bull is for sale again.

Regarding the rest, I'm sure that Chris has heard the same rumors that I have(and several others on this board have) about Matt's Angus deal. The rumor mill is alive and active regarding Matthew Frye....in two breeds, Hereford and Angus.

ChrisH may have access to the facts about the Angus deal as well. I don't. I've just heard the rumors and I figured it was just a matter of time before someone actually confronted Matt with them on this board.

George

George[/quote]

hummmmmmmmm
not what i was told, but then i didn't talk to kevin staight up, seems he was in a
siminar out of state since wed

Dont have any info on this.
But I can tell you Kevin answers email.
Had a question yesterday about semen on one of his bulls.
Emailed me back in about 10 minutes.
Fine guy with some of the finest animals in the hereford breed.

MD

I can tell you for sure that Matt made a bid on the bull. Don't talk unless you have questioned the direct source.

Like others have said money hasn't traded hands yet, but I am sure that Matt realizes that not paying Mr.Schultz would probably ruin his reputation completly and I feel Matt made the bid in good faith that he would pay the bill.

Do any of you actually know Matt, I don't and therefore have no reason to say that he actually doesn't have the money. He is making moves that some of us wish we had the money to make, if he goes broke then that is on him. Pretty much I am saying that a lot of you get on Matt because he makes "outlandish claims". If he does go through with his purchases and is actually doing what he says he is then you are the one that looks foolish. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people learn on their own. You think you need to help him, but why?

memanpa":17bp56p8 said:

George

hummmmmmmmm
not what i was told, but then i didn't talk to kevin staight up, seems he was in a
siminar out of state since wed[/quote]

If you would like to know, Kevin was at his daughters basketball game when I talked to him about purchasing Styles. So of you all really need to grow up on here. I have a cousin that is 3 years old and he has more maturity to him then some of you all do. I won't name names, but you all know who you are.

redfornow":30pe0eae said:
Dont have any info on this.
But I can tell you Kevin answers email.
Had a question yesterday about semen on one of his bulls.
Emailed me back in about 10 minutes.
Fine guy with some of the finest animals in the hereford breed.

MD
I agree, Kevin does respond to emails. He also has a fantastic group of Registered Hereford cattle.

oakcreekfarms":102212hr said:
I can tell you for sure that Matt made a bid on the bull. Don't talk unless you have questioned the direct source.

Like others have said money hasn't traded hands yet, but I am sure that Matt realizes that not paying Mr.Schultz would probably ruin his reputation completly and I feel Matt made the bid in good faith that he would pay the bill.

Do any of you actually know Matt, I don't and therefore have no reason to say that he actually doesn't have the money. He is making moves that some of us wish we had the money to make, if he goes broke then that is on him. Pretty much I am saying that a lot of you get on Matt because he makes "outlandish claims". If he does go through with his purchases and is actually doing what he says he is then you are the one that looks foolish. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people learn on their own. You think you need to help him, but why?
Well put Oak Creek!

memanpa":sf4r4uq9 said:
hummmmmmmmm
siminar out of state since wed

Well, I did talk to Kevin "straight up" and I reported here what I was told on Saturday morning - by him.

George

oakcreekfarms":3484q5l2 said:

Matt's reputation speaks for itself:
Black Angus 100%":3484q5l2 said:
Black Angus 100%
Cowhand

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:04 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am striving to do well in the Angus business. I bought some lots at a sale in Tennessee this weekend, the sale name was Plateau Pride Sale. It was Saturday. Also, I bought a herd bull from Byrd Cattle Co. in Red Bluff, CA., named BCC New Design 878 234-5532. My new herd bull is sired by Bon View New Design 878 and out of a Paternal sister to the famous Bushwacker 41-93. I was very excited to have bought 15 lots at the Plateau Pride Sale and my newest herd bull from Byrds. I also bought three lots at the Turner Farms sale in Texas on Sunday 9/10/2006. All these cows I bought at the Turner Farm Sale were 1407 daughters that were once owned by Express Angus Ranch in Kansas. Well, anyway, will be listening in on the Circle A sale this Sunday and I can't wait for the Whitestone and Wehrmann sales in October. Using my herd bull and 4 AI. sires, SAV 8180 Traveler 004, Genetics By Design, TC Power Stroke 4118 and B C C Bushwacker 41-93. I am a big fan of 41-93. I am going to be conducting four flushes next Spring. Two donors that I am going to flush twice. One of the donors is an 878 and the other daughter is an EXT granddaughter. I plan someday to have a bull sale and a female sale. Well, I am in the middle of studying my pedigrees of these cattle in the Circle A sale.

None of those Angus are in Matt's name. Do you think it might bother the real owner to see someone making claims like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.