She's gone

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":1rnm1jwg said:
Jogeephus":1rnm1jwg said:
Bertha, the only cow I have who is worthy of a name died sometime last night. The place won't be the same without her. She was a huge crossed-up-something-another and was gentle as they come. She was the lead cow and others took note of whatever she did. She'd come to you like a dog and was great at bringing the cattle to where I needed them. She would calm new calves brought in. She was a jewel. Once she even knocked a crazy brangus down that was fixing to blind-side me. She was my protector. My friend. My 1600 lb teddy bear. After she saved me I vowed I'd never sell her and she would die on the farm. She's been in my companion now for 15 years and typically dropped a calf on January the 10th like clockwork. I noticed she was being a little slower than normal so I wasn't to surprised to find her today laying just like she was chewing her cud only she had passed. Peacefully for sure. I hate it and will miss her but I'll always have the memories of her.
Probably wouldn't hurt a think to sort of memorialize Bertha with a special service down on your place. Maybe break out some of the good stuff for invited guest and just the get together run it's course. Should get you out of the dumps anyway.

A marble monument, with an inscription:

Here Lies Bertha,
A better cow no one ever had.
She saved my life,
From a cow that was bad.

TexasBred":3p6vkuli said:
Probably wouldn't hurt a think to sort of memorialize Bertha with a special service down on your place. Maybe break out some of the good stuff for invited guest and just the get together run it's course. Should get you out of the dumps anyway.

Might not hurt the first day but what about the day after? ;-)

Jogeephus":24ae4piz said:
TexasBred":24ae4piz said:

Might not hurt the first day but what about the day after? ;-)

What they say Joe....one day at a time. :nod:

Jogeephus":840ptvdx said:
Bertha, the only cow I have who is worthy of a name died sometime last night. The place won't be the same without her. She was a huge crossed-up-something-another and was gentle as they come. She was the lead cow and others took note of whatever she did. She'd come to you like a dog and was great at bringing the cattle to where I needed them. She would calm new calves brought in. She was a jewel. Once she even knocked a crazy brangus down that was fixing to blind-side me. She was my protector. My friend. My 1600 lb teddy bear. After she saved me I vowed I'd never sell her and she would die on the farm. She's been in my companion now for 15 years and typically dropped a calf on January the 10th like clockwork. I noticed she was being a little slower than normal so I wasn't to surprised to find her today laying just like she was chewing her cud only she had passed. Peacefully for sure. I hate it and will miss her but I'll always have the memories of her.

Sorry about that Jo

Old ones or young ones, I hate to see them go.
Be fitting for her daughter or grand daughter to take her place jo, but she'll have to earn it..

Latest posts