Sheet Metal Nibbler Saw

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Has anyone bought one of these? I have some sheet metal to cut and this thing looks good on the commercials. Just wondering if it's a piece of junk or will it be worth the money.

They are awesome for cutting small holes, difficult angles, etc. Not made for cutting sheet after sheet.

jehosofat":1jb2rf8y said:
They are awesome for cutting small holes, difficult angles, etc. Not made for cutting sheet after sheet.

I figured it was a light duty tool. I don't have a lot to do but it's more that I want to tackle with snips. Thanks!

If you are not wanting to spend alot on a nibbler , Harbor freight has some that work very well for a guy only needing to cut a few times a year Mine is air operated and about 3 years old and i used it last week and it stills cuts good , If you have a lot to cut I recommend a shear . One that i have is a MALCO shear that fits on your cordless drill .

I've seen the shears and they didn't appear to be able to make the turns this thing can. I'll take a look at the HF catalog. Thanks!

Harbor freight is my home away from home on stuff. I have some name brand stuff but realistically harbor freight stuff is doing pretty good for me too on some things the cordless stuff that i use on the farm needs replacing as they have the old batteries and don't last long so going to try some of harbor freights new cordless stuff

skyhightree1":2nqjbepx said:
Harbor freight is my home away from home on stuff. I have some name brand stuff but realistically harbor freight stuff is doing pretty good for me too on some things the cordless stuff that i use on the farm needs replacing as they have the old batteries and don't last long so going to try some of harbor freights new cordless stuff

I own a few things from HF too, but I'm careful about what I buy. Anything that will get heavy use I buy name brand. Occasional use and HF gets my money. Even the wife likes to roam around the store. Use to have to drive about 45 minutes to get to the closest one, but they recently one about 20 minutes away. Much handier.

Dash - I found the air nibbler in stock so I'll probably be the proud owner today.

slick4591":1btb20y6 said:
skyhightree1":1btb20y6 said:

I own a few things from HF too, but I'm careful about what I buy. Anything that will get heavy use I buy name brand. Occasional use and HF gets my money. Even the wife likes to roam around the store. Use to have to drive about 45 minutes to get to the closest one, but they recently one about 20 minutes away. Much handier.

Dash - I found the air nibbler in stock so I'll probably be the proud owner today.

45 mins for me and I get discount coupons weekly so I make the ride. I buy a lot of blades and crap from there and tarps. I like the floor jacks and bottle jacks and even some of the small engines they sell.

skyhightree1":2rnc14m1 said:
slick4591":2rnc14m1 said:
skyhightree1":2rnc14m1 said:
I like the floor jacks and bottle jacks and even some of the small engines they sell.

Just yesterday I went to use a 3 ton hi lift I bought from them 30+ years ago. It wouldn't lift. Noticed oil leakage signs on it. Got the hyd jack oil out, filled her up and away I went. First time I added oil to the unit. Several years ago I bought their 4 ton fast lift (on sale) for when I need 2 jacks. Works great too.

On the nibbler, I have had a hand squeeze type for many years that I use on sheet metal when the need arises. I also have the HF shear for cutting things like corrugated steel (iron) sheeting and it works super. Yes it won't do the tight corners as it was made for long straight cuts.

Ha, on today's 29 Ga. sheet metal, you put a piece of barbed wire on the ground, lay the sheet on it, stand on both sides of where you want to cut, grasp the wire and pull up fast. Cuts right through it. Still use my tin snips (easily) when I need to make turns.

I bought the HF air nibbler, but haven't been able to do anything but hook it to the air line. Sounds like it works but need to dig out the panel to use it.

Shears are a pain in the butt for cutting r panel . Harbor freight has a nibbler like the one on the drill but it's not an attachment . It works much better. Shears are Good for flat metal. I have both .

JSCATTLE":bew0xjbk said:
Shears are a pain in the butt for cutting r panel . Harbor freight has a nibbler like the one on the drill but it's not an attachment . It works much better. Shears are Good for flat metal. I have both .
i didn't think harbor frieght had a nibbler.. I bought the shears from them and they work good on straights like you mentioned.. I picked up a makita nibbler and I think it ran me 200. the nibbler is the way to go for sure.. its so nice.

ddd75":1cdog8qv said:
JSCATTLE":1cdog8qv said:
i didn't think harbor frieght had a nibbler.. I bought the shears from them and they work good on straights like you mentioned.. I picked up a makita nibbler and I think it ran me 200. the nibbler is the way to go for sure.. its so nice.
I actually bought the shears first . About a month ago the wife and I were at harbor freight and I saw the nibbler. So i bought it . Makita is probably a lot better tool I have a couple .
https://m.harborfreight.com/18-gauge-35 ... 61737.html

JSCATTLE":13kj01xi said:
ddd75":13kj01xi said:
JSCATTLE":13kj01xi said:
I actually bought the shears first . About a month ago the wife and I were at harbor freight and I saw the nibbler. So i bought it . Makita is probably a lot better tool I have a couple .

Is the nibbler from HF air or electric?

pricefarm":vwxqsp6j said:
JSCATTLE":vwxqsp6j said:
ddd75":vwxqsp6j said:

Is the nibbler from HF air or electric?
Air is what I have.

Latest posts