sheep head for clipping heads

Help Support CattleToday:

braunvieh

Reaction score
I have been using a flat head for ages to clip heads, but lately I am finding my clippers get hair under the blades and won't cut, dull easily, etc etc. I have heard many people say they use a sheep head for heads. If so, does it work better than the flat head? What one would your recommend for the Sunbeam Clipmaster that I have. THANKS

if you use the sheep heads your gonna get some nasty lines in his face. you can use your sunbeams thats what i use... well there almost the same. but flat heads are the only thing you should clip the head with. lines aren't pretty.

Your just askin for problems using sheepheads on their head. You will end up cuttin one. Hair heads are the best way to go on heads.

We use flat heads on the face. As mentioned, sheep heads will leave lines and it is very easy to do damage to the animal. This is about the only time we use the flatheads. Use Andes with wide head (similar to sheep heads) for most everything else for show cattle. We use the sheepshears to body clip.

I own a set of flat heads but could not even tell you where they are. I use sheepheads for evrything, I use Hingener shattel combs foe clipping faces and udders. I clipp several hundered head a year and have had no issues.

i wouldn't recomend sheep shears for the face or udders to a nebie OR an experianced person.

I could see where an unexperienced person would use somthing else, but a 25 tooth bevel tooth coomb has 6 less teeth than you flathead blades. That is where experience comes into play, why have multiple machines for the same job when all you need is the proper blade for the job. By the way how do you block legs with your flatheads?

SKF Show Cattle":km7tu23p said:
For doing the face use a medium blending blade then go over it with a T-84 blade.
Thats what we do if our STAR Clippers come up missing.. a lot easier to use your andis 2 speeds with a t-84 than to hold a pair of 5 pound clippers that are louder than your diesel truck. Andis 2 speeds are really quiet and are low fatigue clippers and they make a blade for every use... Super Blocking for body sculpting and glue work. Medium Blending blade for blending and back dragging necks and stuff. 5/8 in blade for the neck. and a T-84 for tails, heads and the brisket.

WHY USE A LARGE PAIR OF CLIPPERS WHEN YOU HAVE ONES THAT FIT PERFECT IN YOUR HANDS?

Latest posts