she needs to hurry

Help Support CattleToday:

crats

Reaction score
hey ya'll i goth this first time hef thats just takimg her sweet time bout this calving sfuff and i'm getting nervous she's swolling for two weeks now no noticed labor and her butt is all' out of wack boy i'm nervous bout her but not wanting to go to the doc yet GULP!!!

Is she in labor or just looks like she could pop at any moment....but won't? I am thinking you mean she looks ready, ready, ready to calve but just hasn't yet. My experience with heifers is that this is very common. In our case, we have some heifers we have thought were going to calve for 2 weeks now, but nothing yet. They are springing very heavy, udders look tight and full but they just aren't ready yet. They will be ready when they decide, that is all I can say. Heifers can start to bag up a month before calving so you can't just go on the external signs. Some don't look near ready and calve first, just how it goes.

Same thing here, we have been watching heifers for 2 weeks now, and the first one to calve was about the last one we expected to calve. You never know with heifers, and you just have to have patience. :cowboy:

crats":2zgpydh9 said:
boy i'm nervous bout her GULP!!!
Good! If you are nervous and waiting and watching and fretting ~ sounds like things are going about normal! :lol2: :nod: Braunveih is right, she'll have it when she's ready. When she starts actual active labor, thats the time to make sure things progress as they should. Good Luck!

Latest posts