she has 14

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
Read a news article where the woman who just delivered 8 babies has six other children, is not married and lives at home with her parents,and she filled for bankruptcy last yr

Looks to me we will be having more kids to support ourselves

Their is a big controversy with Dr.s discussing whether this woman should have been a candidate for this type of fertility treatment

What is your opinion?

I am watching the news right now and just say a story about that actually. Doctors and professional groups are wondering where she got the fertility treatments and why she was allowed to keep 8 babies. Not because of her status necessarily, but because doctors are generally only supposed to implant and keep 1-2 embryos with that type of treatment, for the health of the mother and babies. Its too bad that she had to go and spend her money on fertility treatments rather than care for the six children she already has. I think its hard for the government or a doctor to tell a woman she can't have children, while at the same time letting others have 18, but this is a terrible choice on her part.

LoveMoo11":o35f20g3 said:
I am watching the news right now and just say a story about that actually. Doctors and professional groups are wondering where she got the fertility treatments and why she was allowed to keep 8 babies. Not because of her status necessarily, but because doctors are generally only supposed to implant and keep 1-2 embryos with that type of treatment, for the health of the mother and babies. Its too bad that she had to go and spend her money on fertility treatments rather than care for the six children she already has. I think its hard for the government or a doctor to tell a woman she can't have children, while at the same time letting others have 18, but this is a terrible choice on her part.
yes but the 18 were conceived naturally (if you are talking about the Duggers) and they haven't filed for bankruptcy, don,t live with their parents and are married

The problem I see with all of this invitro fertilization and ovulation drugs and multiple births is all the unforeseen medical problems these children have
Most have at least some medical problems where as if it is a single birth with the same treatments that risk is lower
But I guess what I am really getting at is The Dr. has no ethics and they only look for the money and the glory and don't consider what is at risk for the children

But then again I feel that all these welfare whores need to be sterilized if they have more than 2 children

I think it is a selfish and wreckless decision on her part. If she wanted 14 kids I'm sure there are many parentless children that could use a good home.

Jogeephus":3b502clf said:
I think it is a selfish and wreckless decision on her part. If she wanted 14 kids I'm sure there are many parentless children that could use a good home.
I agree Jo
I know several people who have adopted even when they can have children
One guy that worked for me adopted 2 before they ever had one of their own and they was actually upset when his wife got pregnant because they wanted more children but were planning on adopting
it was kinda funny she went in for a check up and talk to her Dr about getting her tubes tied so she couldn't have kids when she found out she was pregnant

and let me explain Whores in my previous post I was meaning male and female not being sexist here

I knew what you meant by the W word. I don't think you should bring anything into this world if you cannot care for it, nurture it and love it. Before somebody starts pm'ing me and letting me know how bad a person I am please understand this belief is not limited to just people.

I have to agree with everyone, why would you want to have that many kids at once? Unless its to raise the amount on your welfare check, and I'm pretty sure that it's why she did.

Large families aren't "bad" though, there was a couple in the town that I live in that had 21 kids. Of course they didn't use any of this modern crap, they had 20 seperate pregnancies, one resulting in twins. Of course this was a while back, the youngest in that family are in their mid 40's now.

Jogeephus":28mio4os said:
I knew what you meant by the W word. I don't think you should bring anything into this world if you cannot care for it, nurture it and love it. Before somebody starts pm'ing me and letting me know how bad a person I am please understand this belief is not limited to just people.

I have no idea how it could possibly be legislated and enforced, but I really believe that any woman who is entitled to medicaid and government support payments should have to go to a clinic every 3 months for a depo provera shot to stay on medicaid and receive payments. I wish there was something that could be mandated with the sperm donors of these women. My God, something has to be done. Children are coming into Child Protective Services care at an alarming rate, and placements for these children are becoming harder to find.

Alice

It seems you can't legislate morality but immorality is protected tooth and nail by those that have none.

I have nothing against couples who cannot conceive naturally doing the fertility treatments, but there is something wrong when a single woman does it and it seems more like a publicity stunt then anything else.

It bothers me to know that there are couples out there desperate for a child of their own and this woman has 8 babies at once plus 6 more at home.

Who the h@ll is the doctor and clinic that performed this BS they should all go to jail and lose their licenses indefinitely.

Where the f is the money coming from for IVF ...It is outrageous to have it done, $15000.00 per session here and I am told it is $20000.00 a session in the states..Not to mention the cost to freeze and store embryos..

I think some serious investigating needs to go into how this family makes their money..
I posted this on the other thread.

This whole situation hits a little too close to home for me and maybe I shouldn't comment but hey, that has never stopped me before.

After trying for years and doing infertility treatments I decided enough was enough, I would rather have a roof over my head and money in the bank than a family and living on the streets. IVF is very expensive especially if it does not work the first time. Not saying this for sympathy because I don't need it ,it is what it is , and I live my life to the fullest even without children. This situation is shameful and it is only going to make it harder on couples like me/us to use an option like IVF. The bleeding heart religious freaks will use this pathetic excuse for a human beings retarded, irresponsible decision as well as her useless piece of sh@t doctor as an excuse to regulate fertility treatments even more. if not possibly ban them.

As our population dwindles (My generation is now at 0.8 children per family) I would like fertility treatment to be partially funded to help those of us that cannot conceive for whatever reasons naturally and help take some of the financial burden off of us, but our governments would rather support welfare W's to have 50 million kids and live off the back of all of us taxpayers than to help those of us whose children might actually contribute to society one day.. :mad:

I am going to quit here before I get this locked... :roll:

14 babies pays alot more than 6 when you are on welfare. Some of these people actually believe that it's their job to crank out babies, and the government rewards them for it. Just another system abuser.

IMO the whole thing is obscene, etc., etc.

Some females want a large litter due to "perhaps" certain feelings of inadequacy and/or proof of their ability to produce.

Some males want a large litter due to "perhaps" certain feelings of inadequacy, and/or proof of their ability to produce (aka "look at me...he-man"). Also known to sire more to try to keep family together and keep wifey from leaving.

Some males and females create litters to get more welfare and disability checks...

Some males want to sire kids to "keep the family name going"...a questionable process in a number of instances.

We are no longer living the "olden times" when you needed to make extra kids, to replace those that died due to natural causes, so you would have a captive workforce to work on the farm...

On the other hand...

God gave a human female TWO udders and faucets...perhaps even one SPARE in case one stopped working. What part of ONE or TWO don't all those homo sapien individuals understand???

JMO... :shock:

Some people have no pride whatsoever. Don't bother them one bit to sit on their behind and draw welfare.
Welfare is a good thing to help the needed get on their feet,but probably one of the most abused programs the government has.
My wife helps out at the goodwill in town here.They give away free items that's been donated every wensday.Ther's always these 6 non english speaking women that they have to lock the doors on until they can go through the boxes and set things out and hang up the cloths.
They will take everything no mater what.
Makes a feller think it's going somewhere else to be sold.

Cal

Calman":3hyk7yjl said:
Some people have no pride whatsoever. Don't bother them one bit to sit on their behind and draw welfare.
Welfare is a good thing to help the needed get on their feet,but probably one of the most abused programs the government has.
My wife helps out at the goodwill in town here.They give away free items that's been donated every wensday.Ther's always these 6 non english speaking women that they have to lock the doors on until they can go through the boxes and set things out and hang up the cloths.
They will take everything no mater what.
Makes a feller think it's going somewhere else to be sold.

Cal
we had a free store in the town I used to live in and we had a hospice thrift store also
I knew a lady that would go to the free store and hospice and then go have a garage sale and sell the items
we found this out because my wife went to the garage sale and some of the stuff she had donated about 3 weeks earlier was there she told our friend who operates the hospice store and they started watching her and they found out that was what she was doing and banned her from both of them

Nothing worse in my opinion than stealing from the needy. I guess you could say this lady with 14 kids is taking from the needy in her own way. While no one has confirmed this, I seriously doubt that she is going to be able to pay for these million dollar babies herself. This, in my opinion, is taking money and resources away from others who truly deserve/need help. This whole in vitro fertilization needs to have some set of ethics or standards set on it. I would have thought the doctor's would have some ethics under their hypocratic oath but I guess not.

What about that Solomon guy who is supposededly the father. Reckon he is going to have to pay child support? They are, afterall, his children.

All this madness brings up more questions than I have opinions and gives me a headache thinking about it.

edit: When we she appear on Opra? Will she be on the cover of the National Enquirer and the Globe next issue?

hillsdown":1ylvtxj0 said:
This whole situation hits a little too close to home for me and maybe I shouldn't comment but hey, that has never stopped me before.

After trying for years and doing infertility treatments I decided enough was enough, I would rather have a roof over my head and money in the bank than a family and living on the streets. IVF is very expensive especially if it does not work the first time. Not saying this for sympathy because I don't need it ,it is what it is , and I live my life to the fullest even without children. This situation is shameful and it is only going to make it harder on couples like me/us to use an option like IVF. The bleeding heart religious freaks will use this pathetic excuse for a human beings retarded, irresponsible decision as well as her useless piece of sh@t doctor as an excuse to regulate fertility treatments even more. if not possibly ban them.

As our population dwindles (My generation is now at 0.8 children per family) I would like fertility treatment to be partially funded to help those of us that cannot conceive for whatever reasons naturally and help take some of the financial burden off of us, but our governments would rather support welfare W's to have 50 million kids and live off the back of all of us taxpayers than to help those of us whose children might actually contribute to society one day.. :mad:

I am going to quit here before I get this locked... :roll:

HD,

My daughter went thru a really tragic time with IVF. She was told she'd never have more children after my grandson was born. The blasted doctor implanted 3 embryos and they ALL took. When she was 5 months pregnant, she caught some sort of wretched virus and after 1 month in the hospital, lost them. She and my son-in-law considered adoption...and I can't remember why they decided to not adopt.

To this day she grieves those lost babies. She still has 4 embryos frozen at that clinic and is charged yearly to keep them. She can't stand the thought of discarding them, and there are ethical issues about donating them.

The only upside to this tragedy...once she regained her health she went back to school, got her degree, got a job teaching 2nd grade, and danged if she didn't get pregnant with that child she was told she'd never be able to conceive. And two years later, yep, another miracle...and two years later, yep, another miracle. My grandson is 15...he has a 6 year old sister, a 4 year old brother, and a 2 year old sister.

IVF has it's place, it surely does...but there are doctors that take advantage of couples that so badly want children. And the very idea of implanting 3 or more embryos is malpractice.

I admire your decision. :heart:

Alice

Children are a burden. Rewarding burdens. But burdens. This woman is not sane, to want 16 burdens. The doctor who abetted this is irresponsible, and should be summarily shot. Last I heard, a source put the price of a kid raised to 18 at half a million. On govt assistance, probably three quarter million. It all adds up.
I sure hope these 8 kids get a chance. We do need kids. We just don't need 16 to one fertility fetishist.

Latest posts