she has 14

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":2cqgewge said:
The only upside to this tragedy...once she regained her health she went back to school, got her degree, got a job teaching 2nd grade, and danged if she didn't get pregnant with that child she was told she'd never be able to conceive. And two years later, yep, another miracle...and two years later, yep, another miracle. My grandson is 15...he has a 6 year old sister, a 4 year old brother, and a 2 year old sister.

About the same thing they told my brother and his wife. They were upset but decided to see the country instead. Bought a big camper and custom ordered a new pickup truck. The day before the truck was to arrive they got the good news and she was pregnant with twins. Camper has seen little use since the children have arrived but that's to be expected.

I agree, some people just want kid for the paycheck. There was a couple that lived in our area, they had everything, new truck, new camper, and all the things I wish I could afford. Yes I know that everyone can once and awhile afford a new truck but these guys bought a new one every year but their kids look like they got there clothes out of a dumpster. The one day I sat down and tried to figure this out (had alot of time on my hands) Neigther one of them have a job so only thing that I could come up with is Gov't assistance. It's not only people that are in it for "kid" checks, there are some people that are perfectly healthy taking advantage of the system. They are perfectly fine to work but are just to lazy to do it. Off the top of my head I can come up with five people around here. All they do with this money they get is spend it on drugs and alchol.
Its a very sad world we live in. :frowns:

Jogeephus":e15vgbsq said:
Alice":e15vgbsq said:
The only upside to this tragedy...once she regained her health she went back to school, got her degree, got a job teaching 2nd grade, and danged if she didn't get pregnant with that child she was told she'd never be able to conceive. And two years later, yep, another miracle...and two years later, yep, another miracle. My grandson is 15...he has a 6 year old sister, a 4 year old brother, and a 2 year old sister.

About the same thing they told my brother and his wife. They were upset but decided to see the country instead. Bought a big camper and custom ordered a new pickup truck. The day before the truck was to arrive they got the good news and she was pregnant with twins. Camper has seen little use since the children have arrived but that's to be expected.

My brother and his wife were told they couldn't have children, and were thinking of moving abroad, she went for her checks and meds for the move and was told she was going no where as she was three months pregnant. He is 24 now and his wife is expecting in March, the only one SIL ever had though.

jka300":20j1de7w said:
I agree, some people just want kid for the paycheck. There was a couple that lived in our area, they had everything, new truck, new camper, and all the things I wish I could afford. Yes I know that everyone can once and awhile afford a new truck but these guys bought a new one every year but their kids look like they got there clothes out of a dumpster. The one day I sat down and tried to figure this out (had alot of time on my hands) Neigther one of them have a job so only thing that I could come up with is Gov't assistance. It's not only people that are in it for "kid" checks, there are some people that are perfectly healthy taking advantage of the system. They are perfectly fine to work but are just to lazy to do it. Off the top of my head I can come up with five people around here. All they do with this money they get is spend it on drugs and alchol.
Its a very sad world we live in. :frowns:

Yes it is a sad world...and yes there are people like you've described. But, believe it or not, as a rule, people do not get wealthy on welfare. Many may sustain themselves to a point that they're happy to live as they do, but they don't get wealthy. Just as you pointed out...a new vehicle, yet crappy clothing for their kids...their priorities are skewed and it comes from a long line of skewed familial priorities. The cycle has to be broken...I just wish I knew how to do that w/o making the babies suffer.

And, believe it or not, there are those folks that need help for only as long as it takes for them to get on their feet. I knew a man once that came to a food bank driving a Caddy...and left with groceries. We all just stared. He did that one time.

The next time we saw him, the next year, he came in the same Caddy with a trunk full of frozen turkeys to donate. He said that the groceries he got made all the difference...his family had been able to get on their feet and they were returning the favor. He came back the next year, and the next. As far as I know, he's still coming back. There's hope...

Alice

Latest posts