sharing fence cost/neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms":2of6ym43 said:
Caustic Burno":2of6ym43 said:
Crowderfarms":2of6ym43 said:
I'm glad that I have no neighbors with ANY livestock. The most I've ever ended up with is a Peacock and some Guineas, and they stayed here.

Why city ordinance? ;-)
Boy, get back in your corner.You're the one they interviewed at the B&B from New Joysey. :roll:Dont make me get bad with you on here! :lol:

Crowders Peacock Farms has a nice ring doesn't it.
I can just see you ridin fence on that pink stick horse herdin guineas. Oh by the way put some jeans on those pink chaps by themselves offending people down the street.

There are 20 different things that a registered land surveyor should look at when determining property lines. An existing established fence line is near the top of priority. It must have been in existence for greater than 20 years. If you have any thoughts that a fence may not be correct write a letter to the County Clerk and have it recorded with the deed. That allows you to contest the line at any later date. One thing I tell anyone that may be involved in a dispute is hire the surveyor. There are a lot of areas for interpration in old surveys and you want the surveyor on your side. The very last thing a surveyor should look at is the number of acres you have. Acres mean nothing it's all about lines in the dirt.

The fences here were shoddy at best. I told the neighbors how I planned to improve the fences and asked to use some of the workable wire and post that were already there and add new as needed. They were more then happy to let me. A few years latter we got a new neighbor and they wanted to run goats and add field fence to the six wire barbed wire. I was more then happy to let them. Now on that one side we have 3.5' field fence 6 strands of barbed wire and 1 strand of 9,000 volt high tensile wire. I still have to throw a goat back over the fence every now and then. :p They are great people though, so I don't mind. As far as fixing fence, who ever sees it first fixes it. ;-) Which is usually me since I have a bad habit of walking the fields and the fences. At least I know it is done to my satisfaction.

BudE":21ysrbtm said:
There are 20 different things that a registered land surveyor should look at when determining property lines. An existing established fence line is near the top of priority. It must have been in existence for greater than 20 years. If you have any thoughts that a fence may not be correct write a letter to the County Clerk and have it recorded with the deed. That allows you to contest the line at any later date. One thing I tell anyone that may be involved in a dispute is hire the surveyor. There are a lot of areas for interpration in old surveys and you want the surveyor on your side. The very last thing a surveyor should look at is the number of acres you have. Acres mean nothing it's all about lines in the dirt.

I have to disagree, being familiar with land surveying the field note description of the property and existing pins found are the only way to set new property corners. Just because a fence is near the assumed property line doesn't mean thats where it actually is. Assuming is what got us where we are today in surveying.

certherfbeef":2y37m4tk said:
rws":2y37m4tk said:
wouldnt it have to be the accepted property line by both property owners for 25 years you would think if it was my property i could build a fence any where i chose right?
They are not talking about cross fences. The are talking about LINE fences. Line fences that show the property line.
im not talking about cross fencing i run a fence around property i own and in some places moved it to my side 20ft to save several hundred dollars in dozer work again i think it must be an agreed property line by both partys in my case its not a property line fence

J":1yj8qsdd said:
BudE":1yj8qsdd said:

I have to disagree, being familiar with land surveying the field note description of the property and existing pins found are the only way to set new property corners. Just because a fence is near the assumed property line doesn't mean thats where it actually is. Assuming is what got us where we are today in surveying.

property is determined my surveys, plot maps, deeds, not fences, I am a Real Estate Broker for 20 years and have sat on many arbitrations, tribunals about land disputs. We or judges I have sat with have never determine fence as a property line. the years to abtain property is for tax neglect and adverse possession.

I share a fenceline with the Amish farmer next to me.

I provide the wire, staples, and posts and he sends his kids up lol.

Latest posts