Shaklee Basic H2 for Deworming Cattle??

Help Support CattleToday:

FloridaCow

Reaction score
I know many farmers use Shaklee's Classic Basic H to deworm their cattle, but does anyone here use Shaklee's Basic H2 to deworm cattle?...and dogs?
How much do you use?
Does it work the same way as the classic version?

~Thanks so much!

What are the ingredients in basic H?
"Basic H2 is 99.95% all natural and made from water, Alkyl Polyglucoside (from corn & coconut),
(from coconut), Xanthan Gum (from vegetables) and Methyl Chloro Isothiazolinone (biodegradable preservative)."

Yes, snake oil. water, 2 different surfactants, a binder, and a preservative.
Probably work better as a surfactant when spraying herbicide. :hide:

Xanthan gum is a polysaccharide with a wide variety of uses, including as a common food additive. It is a powerful thickening agent, and also has uses as a stabilizer to prevent ingredients from separating.

Alcohol Ethoxylates are non-ionic surfactants.

Alkyl polyglycosides (APGs) are a class of non-ionic surfactants widely used in a variety of household and industrial applications. They are derived from sugars, usually glucose derivatives, and fatty alcohols.

I have to wonder what would ever cause someone to decide to be the first one to feed their cattle a cleaning agent.

M.Magis":3iyqccy4 said:
I have to wonder what would ever cause someone to decide to be the first one to feed their cattle a cleaning agent.
This crap started years ago with mother earth news. I would recommend to OP got their for advice if he/she doesn;t want to raise cattle sensibly.

M-5":3mgt1k4t said:
Ol' 243":3mgt1k4t said:
Might as well try some snuff, my grandpa said it would get rid of worms.
I'm not giving cows perfectly good snuff it cost me too much

Now that I think about it, I think you're right. My Skoal Straight Longcut cost me almost 16 dollars a log now.

My grandfather fed his milk cows a plug of Brown Mule to deworm.

His cows always looked like walking death tho, before and after "deworming". Teats on sticks.

M.Magis":2q0sp32c said:
I always wondered the same thing about eggs.... "Hey, that brown thing just plopped out a chicken's azz, I think I'll see how it tastes"

Latest posts