Shade Recomendations?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have two 5 acre pastures that only have a few small trees and with the weather here in central Florida, I need some recomendations for additional shade.

I thought about planting some additional oak trees but that might take a while to get some decent shade even if I buy some medium sized trees. Then I would also have to fence around them so the cattle dont knock them down when they rubb on them.

I also thought about possibly building a couple 12' or 16' x 20' or so covered areas with a metal roof.

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated. :help:

as TB said build 2 20 by 20 frames.an cover the top with the shade cloth.an put 1 in each pasture.

Wow, excellent idea! Very interesting website as well. I hadnt seen that one before.

We have allot of nurseries here in the Lake County area and I've seen allot of these types of shade screens being used but never thought it would be something that would block out enough of the sunlight to provide enough shade for the cattle.

Seems that they have different densities and the heavier ones should work fine from what I can see.

The costs seem prety reasonable as well.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your input.

Don't know if you'd be interested but I have a large piece of the shade cloth with grommets and all that I have no use for. If you are interested you are welcome to it. I'm about 45 minutes north of the Florida line. Might be too far but I'd rather give it away than to burn it or have to pay to throw it away.

Latest posts