Sexual misconduct again

Help Support CattleToday:

This man has a profile that is entertaining to read. Just to give a snapshot. You can Google him for more:

The Kentucky preacher-turned-politician who killed himself after being accused of molesting a teenager claimed he once raised a woman "from the dead."

State Rep. Dan Johnson also declared that he watched the second hijacked plane slam into the World Trade Center from his hotel room and spent the next two weeks blessing bodies as they were removed from the ruins at a morgue he set up at Ground Zero.

Johnson also boasted about being a White House chaplain for both Bush presidents and Bill Clinton, and professed to have been a peacemaker in Los Angeles during the 1992 Rodney King riots.

These were some of the unlikely stories that "Bishop Johnson" posted on the web site of his Heart of Fire Church, in a rural county south of Louisville.

Those tales were largely debunked in a Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting expose that revealed that Johnson was accused by a then 17-year-old Maranda Richmond of drunkenly sexually assaulting her on New Year's Eve 2012.

ALACOWMAN":obhxktv6 said:
Think of all the damage David did....

To learn he done this and allowed drunken parties involving other sexual misconduct to occur on a routine basis in Church facilities is disgusting beyond imagination.

Reality is often more appalling than our imagination. When I was off campus in an apartment, a girl about 14 came by on a regular basis selling "Grit" news papers. You older folks might remember Grit. The landlord was a wise old guy. He said, dont let her through the door. Conduct your business on the porch. He said letting an underage girl inside was "trouble". It was several months and she had not come by. Then one day, I heard her knock. Her face was scarred, her happy personality was gone, there was deep dispair in her eyes. I ask Elmer - the landlord - what happened. She had gone into a home and a man used a well pump chain, put it in her mouth like you would a bridle and bit, and raped her. I have never gotten that horrible story out of my head.

True Grit Farms":2ro0qna8 said:
Bright Raven":2ro0qna8 said:
This one has it all: Suicide, lawmaker, Pastor, and about the most vile allegations you can imagine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... -lynching/
I thought hillary was behind this from the beginning, guess I'm wrong again.

It seems apparent that this deranged man was guilty, probably of more than anyone but he knows. The guilt was just too heavy a burden so he took the easy path!

TexasBred":1kos4xwa said:
Bright Raven":1kos4xwa said:
This one has it all: Suicide, lawmaker, Pastor, and about the most vile allegations you can imagine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... -lynching/

And a self proclaimed bishop. At least he didn't claim to be an apostle like one dude on TV. :lol: :lol:

He called himself a "Pope". Read this. How do people vote for a character like This?

Johnson claimed to have a "doctorate of divinity" from a Des Moines, Iowa, bible school. The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting found no evidence to support that.

What it did discover is that Johnson was arrested back in the 1980s for torching a Cadillac to collect on the insurance money. He pleaded not guilty, and the criminal charges were dismissed in 1987 after completing a six-month, pre-trial diversion program.

In June 2000, the news organization reported, Johnson was suspected of torching his own church. He blamed the Ku Klux Klan, but the church was bankrupt at the time and rebuilt with insurance money.

Many members of Johnson's flock were bikers and other unlikely churchgoers who reveled in his Muslim-bashing sermons and were attracted by other perks, like being allowed to smoke during services and the booze-fueled parties he hosted on weekends, the news organization reported.

I have not been keeping up on all the details of that situation, thought it was bad enough but it's apparently a lot worse after reading those posts.
I am very disappointed that he evidently used and misused a religious platform. It is scenarios of that sort that can turn a lot of folks off to Christianity or any other religion. The activities mentioned would be appalling to most all believers. Ideally a church is a safe place, a sanctuary from the things of the world. Unfortunately humans have a way of corrupting, and it is often necessary to evaluate and decide if a particular church is sound in it's respective doctrine.

Every day I hear of the violence and abuse and rape and obscenity perpetrated by men.

My cousin was telling me the other day of a guy she married who turned out to be a fraud and thief, and who threatened her when she left. She mentioned that 1 of 3 wives are victims of domestic violence.

If a plane had a 1 in 3 chance of crashing, how many would board?

Which is why I advised my daughters to stay away from men and forget marriage. They have ignored me. Their husbands seem to be pretty nice guys, though.

Which makes me think that most men aren't as bad as the media would lead you to think.

And most women aren't as nice or innocent as the media would make you think.

Ran across this, which for some reason I hadn't seen on the news:

http://www.saveservices.org/2012/02/cdc ... ner-abuse/

SUMMARY: According to a 2010 national survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Department of Justice, in the last 12 months more men than women were victims of intimate partner physical violence and over 40% of severe physical violence was directed at men. Men were also more often the victim of psychological aggression and control over sexual or reproductive health. Despite this, few services are available to male victims of intimate partner violence.

I also ran across a book written by a feminist woman detailing the reality of women. Won't see this discussed on the talk shows.

https://www.amazon.com/Womans-Inhumanit ... 1556529465
She wrote in her Introduction to the 2003 edition of this book, "a long time ago, I believed that all women were kind, caring, maternal, valiant, and ever-noble under siege---and that all men were their oppressors. As everyone but a handful of idealistic feminists knew, this was not always true… like men, women are really human beings, as close to the apes as to the angels, capable of both cruelty and compassion, envy and generosity, competition and cooperation… Psychologically, seemingly contradictory things can be true. Women compete mainly against other women and women mainly rely upon other women; women envy and sabotage each other through slander, gossip, and shunning, and women also want other women's respect and support… In addition, women, like men, have internalized sexist beliefs… We tend not to forgive women when they fail us. We tend to have more compassion for male failure or imperfection. I know this now but… I clung to my original view of women as perfect victims. Why? Because women are both oppressed and maligned and I did not want to expose us to any further harm. Because it was---and still is---problematic, even dangerous, to challenge the politically correct feminist view of women as morally superior…" (Pg. ix-xi)

Latest posts