Sexed Hereford Semen

Help Support CattleToday:

tnwalkingred

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some sexed (heifer) semen on Hereford bulls? Seems liked sexed semen on any breed of bull is becoming very hard to find.

KW

ABS has R294 sorted and at least one other bull as I recall. If you're okay with polled bulls R294 is a really great bull too so you're not giving anything up just to have the desired sex.

Yeah I just found R294 and also the On Target bull that Accelerated has. They both look like good bulls to me. Any experience with either of these bulls?

KW

I've only seen two R294's and they were good cattle. I've seen tons of Domino3027's that I really like though and they are maternal brothers.

do you get very good % of breed cows using sexed semen on cows the a.i. breeder i talk to said he would only use it on heifers

ez14":jzthl9oe said:
do you get very good % of breed cows using sexed semen on cows the a.i. breeder i talk to said he would only use it on heifers
It's a better product than it used to be but I still don't like it on cows. The economics don't work when you consider the value of a live calf of ether sex versus more open cows for the desired sex. That being said last winter I averaged 3.2 services per conception with it on high producing dairy cattle. Not even close to what I was getting done with conventional but still viable.

Latest posts