Severe weather in central Texas.

Help Support CattleToday:

5/25/2015 0816 PM

Cleveland, Liberty County.

Funnel cloud, reported by Emergency Mngr.

Funnel cloud near Hwy 59 and Hwy 105 near Cleveland

To all my friends down there, as said hunker down and take care of you and family! Prayers are there from Oregon.

Keeping all of you in my prayers. May God be with you and your families and protect you as only He can.

Been pounded here for nearly 3 hrs straight and radar doesn't show any let up. Wife's packing--we're getting out of here while we can--a draw on our long roadway is in danger of washing out. No flood danger to the house or cattle, but we don't need to be stuck in here. I can't repair crossings in downpours and running draws.

greybeard":169cin3f said:
Been pounded here for nearly 3 hrs straight and radar doesn't show any let up. Wife's packing--we're getting out of here while we can--a draw on our long roadway is in danger of washing out. No flood danger to the house or cattle, but we don't need to be stuck in here. I can't repair crossings in downpours and running draws.

Keep us posted when yours is safe, take care and be safe!

GB, hope you can get back home today. Hope all is well with everyone else this morning, too.
Driving back from Houston yesterday, we managed to stay ahead of it. Saw we were going to have to go thru it somewhere so got off I45 at 84 and hit the wall just east Mexia. I haven't seen that much rain and lightning in a long time. Lots of flooded roads, and a couple we knew were borderline to drive across, but did it anyway cause we knew it was getting worse behind us. As bad as that was, the radar looked like the storm pockets were gathering themselves together to pound everything East of I45 in one long sustained wall of water. I sure had a bunch of you guys in my prayers as I knew it was going to be a major ponding for the night. We were spared the worst of it at our house, a couple more inches and more standing water but nothing serious.

Back home. Thanks for the good thoughts.
What a lightning show!! Surprised to see only 2 trees down, and neither fell on anything.
Also surprised, to find the electricity was on when we got here.
I watched an analyst on TV this morning that said the next big system (due thurs nite and fri morning) was going to stay well to the north of here, but look out DFW and Southern Oklahoma (again). grain of salt taken...
We got just over 3" last night, the river is back out of it's banks but the real tale will be told when the water for the 40- 90-100 miles north of me gets down here. Should be Wed morning or Wed night.
TxDot doesn't even bother taking down the big "water on road" signs down anymore. This, is the longest they have Ever left them in place on the shoulders of the road, held down by sandbags.

greybeard":196pxhev said:
What a lightning show!! Surprised to see only 2 trees down, and neither fell on anything.
I watched an analyst on TV this morning that said the next big system (due thurs nite and fri morning) was going to stay well to the north of here, but look out DFW and Southern Oklahoma (again). grain of salt taken...
We got just over 3" last night, the river is back out of it's banks but the real tale will be told when the water for the 40- 90-100 miles north of me gets down here. Should be Wed morning or Wed night.
TxDot doesn't even bother taking down the big "water on road" signs down anymore. This, is the longest they have Ever left them in place on the shoulders of the road, held down by sandbags.
I suspect the "bridge may ice over" signs are still up as well.... :D

greybeard":1wdmliox said:

Same here. Both pegs cleared at the creek crossing so it was safe to cross. Got to the other side and found outselves barricaded in.

1982vett":30nu4633 said:
greybeard":30nu4633 said:
I suspect the "bridge may ice over" signs are still up as well.... :D

Yep, they are, as well as the fold down "water on road" permanent signs off the shoulder several feet. The signs I'm talking about tho, are temporary BIG signs on stands that they haul in and set up on the paved shoulder. Usually take them with when the water drops and they let traffic go on it's own. This time tho, they just left them in place--got tired of loading them up and then having to haul them back out here I guess.