• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Seven Cups of Coffee a Day May Lead to Hallucinations

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I think this would be ample reason to put a 40 cent a cup tax on a cup of coffee. Jomerica University got some grant money and did a mirror study and found that excessive coffee consumption coupled with doughnut ingestion led to people having a higher tendency to shoot other people and/or hit people with flashlights. Study also indicated that test subjects illustrated an increased incidence of the little man's syndrome and the belief that they are omniscient.

Jalopy

Reaction score
I for one do not bel.........(sorry I was interrupted by a sighting of a police car chasing a white Ford Bronco going 25 mph. Which was chasing a dark haired man with a broken leg that was waving a gun and was wearing an actors costume and was headed towards a barn. He was yelling "four score that".) As I was saying I don't believe in hallucinations. They are real occurences. Right? :lol:
Besides if it happens with folks on seven cups of coffee the measly little 4 double espressos I have shouldn't be a problem. Right? :banana:
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Sounds like an innocent man was caught up in your hallucination. I just wonder how much those seven cups of coffee cost the state. And what happened to the little elf that lived in the pool house? Totto or something. Or was that the dog on Oz. I just don't know... coffee must be kicking in and these doughnuts are to die for. :lol2:

skeege

Reaction score
7 cups a day would make me hallucinate...................from lack of sleep. I'd NEVER get any if I drank that much. :shock:

spoon

Reaction score
Ok 2 things here. The first sentence in the article says 7 cups of "instant" coffe. Nobody in their right mind drinks instant coffee on purpose, right? Secondly, 7 cups of coffee isn't really all that much. I drink more than that almost every day and I don't think I have halucinations. I am going deaf though. Hmmm I wonder.....

BeefmasterB

Reaction score
spoon":33mty4lm said:
Ok 2 things here. The first sentence in the article says 7 cups of "instant" coffe. Nobody in their right mind drinks instant coffee on purpose, right? Secondly, 7 cups of coffee isn't really all that much. I drink more than that almost every day and I don't think I have halucinations. I am going deaf though. Hmmm I wonder.....

So, how do you really know? ;-)

Ryder

Reaction score
I drank far more than that back when I was in college. If it hadn't been for coffee and cigarettes I don't know if I would have got any nourishment at all.

As far as the hallucinations, you just have to adjust and live with them.

Lammie

Reaction score
Ryder":crfxrawe said:
I drank far more than that back when I was in college. If it hadn't been for coffee and cigarettes I don't know if I would have got any nourishment at all.

As far as the hallucinations, you just have to adjust and live with them.

Mine keep me company...

I think I have grown immune to coffee. I don't drink a lot of it, but I can't really tell when I do and when I don't. My hallucinations must be organic in nature...

jw

Reaction score
Well Lammie, as long as they are organic you will be O.K.

Lammie

Reaction score
jw":1q0l1jk2 said:

That's what I was thinking. I can hardly feel bad if it is something I didn't cause.

The pink elepants and I had a long talk about it, and they say it isn't my fault.

jw

Reaction score
Lammie":35wsu8qz said:
jw":35wsu8qz said:

That's what I was thinking. I can hardly feel bad if it is something I didn't cause.

The pink elepants and I had a long talk about it, and they say it isn't my fault.

You are so correct - it isn't your fault. You are just a victim and I think you should ask for a government bailout.

Lammie

Reaction score
jw":39m8scf1 said:
Lammie":39m8scf1 said:
jw":39m8scf1 said:

You are so correct - it isn't your fault. You are just a victim and I think you should ask for a government bailout.

I tried. They said they spent all the money on the Big Party tomorrow night.

brandonm_13

Reaction score
Hmmm.. Let me think. People who drink more coffee have more hallucinations. Weirdos visit all those coffee shops where they listen to poetry. They also do drugs and get hallucinations. I wonder if there's a connection? :banana:

Lammie

Reaction score
brandonm_13":30o5pkv5 said:
Hmmm.. Let me think. People who drink more coffee have more hallucinations. Weirdos visit all those coffee shops where they listen to poetry. They also do drugs and get hallucinations. I wonder if there's a connection? :banana:

My son is a coffee house guy. He uses it mainly to get wifi access. The last time I went in there it was full of geeks. I could not honestly see those guys getting high, unless it is from playing some online role games.

Trust me, a genuine druggie would not feel at home in there.

pdfangus

Reaction score
Back in the day we used to use coffee to help get over halucinations and other such stuff from the alfuence of incohol.

My dad's favorite cure though was for me to spend the following day alternately tamping fence posts and heaving my guts. No slack on the tightness or placement of the posts or the relative productiivty either. they had to be tight and on the line and three feet deep.

Cattle Rack Rancher

Reaction score
Maybe its sort of a 'bell curve' thing. I drink about two pots of coffee a day. I'm pretty sure that if I cut back to a measly seven cups that it might have some adverse affects such as hallucinations for awhile.

chrisy

Reaction score
Cattle Rack Rancher":3glfbvmo said:
Maybe its sort of a 'bell curve' thing. I drink about two pots of coffee a day. I'm pretty sure that if I cut back to a measly seven cups that it might have some adverse affects such as hallucinations for awhile.

Ah! but are your two pots instant coffee that is what was said. I myself do not drink coffee very often but now well! :frowns:

brandonm_13

Reaction score
Lammie":3pes4eri said:
brandonm_13":3pes4eri said:

My son is a coffee house guy. He uses it mainly to get wifi access. The last time I went in there it was full of geeks. I could not honestly see those guys getting high, unless it is from playing some online role games.

Trust me, a genuine druggie would not feel at home in there.

I wasn't talking about those starbucks places, but those places you see in movies where they sit around saying poetry that doesn't rhyme, banging on a ongo drum, and everyone snaps when they're done.