Service. Good service.

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Not talking about a bull covering a cow. I'm talking about good old fashion people to people service.

I had surgery. Read about that in the other thread.

Baylor Surgical Center insisted I bring all maintenance medicines to them in the original script bottles. Okay. Did that. They gave one bottle of pain meds back to the wife.

I was released today. Tons of paper and other utility apparatuses were bagged. Got home. No meds. What the heck?

I called them. Nurse was craw fishing and on the defensive. I'll call you back she said. I thought, yea. Right.

Got the call. They sent the meds all the way from Fort Worth to out here in the sticks via a courier. Wow. I was impressed. Still am.

How's that for service? Those folks knew how to right a wrong.

Baylor Surgical Center is top notch in my book. Several years ago my wife was found to have a 1" diameter hole in here heart. The doctors she talked to were all advocating open heart surgery. The company that she works for has a long relationship with the Baylor people. They got here in there with a top notch heart doctor. They went in through the groin with a device that placed an "umbrella" patch over the hole. At the time it was the 7th such patch done this way in the US. In one morning, surgery at 10. Recovery by 11:30 and came home the next day. Was back to work in less than 2 weeks. All the people at Baylor treated us as if we were special people. I would recommend them to anyone!

When you are stressed from the unknown of what is really going on, the hospital personnel make all the difference. I've always said that the care and caring that I have gotten and has been extended to my wife by the people at the local hospital is superb. 1 docsort of sucks, but the ones that I have to deal with pretty regularly are fantastic people, they actaully seem to care about you. Same thing at the main hospital in springfield yesterday. Almost makes you not mind going

It sounds like the folks at the Baylor hospital know how to take care of their patients. I'm more familiar with the medical facilities around Bryan/College Station. They've mostly been good, but I got a text from my sister on Wednesday that our mother had fallen and she was at the emergency room at the College Station Medical Center. When they got there, they gave the hospital personnel a list of medications that our mother is allergic to, including two common prescription pain relievers. A little while after that, a nurse brought her a pill. My mother asked her what it was and it was the first one on the list. They gave her a shot instead. Problem solved. Then, when they released her, they gave her a prescription for pain relief. My wife went to get it filled while I went with my sister. Guess what it was? You guessed it, the second one on the list. Not too impressed with that.

I like to hear those stories.. Good service is hard to come by nowdays. just like common sense isnt very common anymore.

Limomike":1qwrd4eq said:
I like to hear those stories.. Good service is hard to come by nowdays. just like common sense isnt very common anymore.
I heard said that common sense is the new super power..

Rafter S":2ebnc6fq said:
It sounds like the folks at the Baylor hospital know how to take care of their patients. I'm more familiar with the medical facilities around Bryan/College Station. They've mostly been good, but I got a text from my sister on Wednesday that our mother had fallen and she was at the emergency room at the College Station Medical Center. When they got there, they gave the hospital personnel a list of medications that our mother is allergic to, including two common prescription pain relievers. A little while after that, a nurse brought her a pill. My mother asked her what it was and it was the first one on the list. They gave her a shot instead. Problem solved. Then, when they released her, they gave her a prescription for pain relief. My wife went to get it filled while I went with my sister. Guess what it was? You guessed it, the second one on the list. Not too impressed with that.
Sounds like the hospital did a good job. I might consider looking for a new doctor though...he's the one that prescribes the meds.

Latest posts