Service animals

Help Support CattleToday:

farmguy

Reaction score
This is a question I would like to know. On news there was an article about a Great Dane service dog. I have a few questions.
#1 Do you buy a seat for your service animal?

#2 How many seats for a Great Dane?

#3 We have a lady in a neighboring town who has a pony service animal. She takes it into stores etc. where it does what a horse does. Can a pony board an airplane?

#4 What if I do not want your service animal next to me for allergies, slobbering, whatever, do I have any voice in the situation?

#5 What can be a service animal? I was in Viet Nam and I dread snakes. Can a snake be a service animal?

#6 What is the difference between a companion animal and a service animal and my old dog Spot?

farmguy":2lnvc7e7 said:
This is a question I would like to know. On news there was an article about a Great Dane service dog. I have a few questions.

#3 We have a lady in a neighboring town who has a pony service animal. She takes it into stores etc. where it does what a horse does. Can a pony board an airplane?

#4 What if I do not want your service animal next to me for allergies, slobbering, whatever, do I have any voice in the situation?
I really doubt my "service animal" would want to sit next to you either so you can relax. You won't be affected.
#5 What can be a service animal? I was in Viet Nam and I dread snakes. Can a snake be a service animal?

#6 What is the difference between a companion animal and a service animal and my old dog Spot?

farmguy":1ersmznj said:

We have to deal with this at work every year with my mandated learning modules, and it can be a pretty sticky situation. A service animal is one that performs a service for a patient, such as alerting someone if the person is about to seize or a seeing-eye-dog. A miniature horse is a valid service animal IF it performs a function. As for #4, I believe you're up a creek. A service animal is covered under the ADA and has every right to be where the person is. A companion animal is there for companionship, my understanding, and as far as my work is concerned (major hospital) they are not allowed.

its the newest thing for people to get "Service Animal" to skirt around the no pets situation in the apartment complex or rental agreements . Ive seen alot of questions on FB about how to get a one so the landlord doesn't kick them out. Im sure there are some cases where its needed but most imo are just scamming everyone .

I know that many planes have now banned certain species to be service animals. Which is fine with me. I have a good friend with a service dog. She can't go anywhere because of these people bringing their yippy dog into a store claiming it's a service dog.

I'm all for strict guidelines for service animals, and to heck with companion animals on planes, etc.. Peacocks? ya gotta be shytting me... It's one thing if it's discrete.. one of those dogs that fit in a purse or whatever, but if it bothers other people, isn't trained worth a darn, screw them.

Most of the people with a "companion animal" need a companion boot to the hind end.
Pansy the whole lot of them.

Service animal is a dog for the blind.
Everything else is just an off shoot of a snowflake society.
Send both the animal and owner to "Youth In Asia" program for those who abuse others by abusing the system intended
to help the handicapped.

Latest posts