seriously..

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I want to kill my neighbors beef cows. They are over here everyday, every morning I have to chase them back, they alll have horns and are just wild & crazy. Today we start building the 1/2 mile line fence, 5 strand barb wire, to keep them off our fields-I will be so glad when its done. What really irked me about this is that the neighbor closed the bottom, where they could be going, but can't-what some nerve is what I say. They don't just get out over here, its every neighbor on each side of her, and I know many are sick of it. But because she is alone a widower-people turn a blind eye to it and just deal with it, by closing her front gates or opening the bottom one. We have even tried fixing her fence for her, but these animals just either jump over it or go straight thru, and her fence is a complete joke, its been cobble jobbed so many times it can't be anymore.

Isomade":2x7zlmlh said:
if she has false teeth, we might work out a deal on some fence repair :D
:lol: :lol: you nasty SOB. :lol:[/quote]
Dam you Cross...you stole my line. :cowboy:

She probably hasn't kept up with the market- go offer her going rate for them(she'll think she hit the jackpot) and haul them to the sale barn.
Then offer to rent her pasture and put up a hot wire to beef up that fence on the neighbors sides.

There must be one in every neighborhood. We have one down at the farm. He's even had a bull shot dead.

His latest bull was on my place 4 months. I quit taking him home because he would wreck fence getting back in. He finally hauled him to the sale barn.

There's only 16 acres at the house. A neighbor there came home with horses. She has no fence. Her plan was to put them in mine. We got straight really quick. I explained the grass cost and fertilizer to her. She never got it.

Howdyjabo":isunlhuk said:
She probably hasn't kept up with the market- go offer her going rate for them(she'll think she hit the jackpot) and haul them to the sale barn.
Then offer to rent her pasture and put up a hot wire to beef up that fence on the neighbors sides.
:tiphat: Great answer!

believe me they aren't tame animals. We got 2 strands of the new fence up,and the SOB's went underneathe it last night-10 of them. What is funny now is that the neighbor on her other side called her yesterday said he was not going to tolerate it anymore, was going to hire a guy to clean the fence row, and have new wire put up, and when it was finished he was going to send her the bill for half of it-I dont think she has any concept that her animals are completely out of control-and that everyone around here is sick of dealing with them,. With grass coming on now, its imperative that they do not get out on others property. When she found out she was gonna have to pay half for that-she balked, now its I need help-its hard to help someone who won't help themselves. Easiest thing that needs to be done is for her to send them all to the salebarn-but for some reason she won't

This is my pet peeve every morning i wonder where will the idiots be today-we chased them off at 10pm last night, and this morning they weren't here again.What infuriates me even more about this is that she closed off her bottom, so they can't pasture down there, but hey what the H, its OK if they get out and eat everyones elses fields!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I hope she has to pay a bundle, she has lost all sympathy from me-nothing worse than irresponsible animal owners-

cow pollinater":3uw4bi5e said:
Haul them to the salesyard as strays and let her deal with the aftemath.

That would fix the hay problem for sure. And all pretence of neighbourliness as well.
And it's maybe even worth throwing in the remark that hungry cattle behave like... this.

cow pollinater":25jhepyg said:

You do that in Texas and you will be bunking witth Tyrone in Hunstville for a long time.
The only person that can sell a stray in the state is the sheriff. You can't shoot one either you get to bunk with Bubba for that offense.
Better check your state law's trouble usually start when your alligator actions overload your hummingbird ass.

Caustic Burno":26no7l93 said:
cow pollinater":26no7l93 said:

You do that in Texas and you will be bunking witth Tyrone in Hunstville for a long time.
The only person that can sell a stray in the state is the sheriff. You can't shoot one either you get to bunk with Bubba for that offense.
Better check your state law's trouble usually start when your alligator actions overload your hummingbird ass.

I didn't say try to sell them as your own. We call a stray out here one that doesn't belong to us. I meant haul them to town and say "these don't belong to me but they're on my property" and turn around and walk away... Of course it's always best to act like you don't know where they came from... Even if you have a pretty good idea :roll: If they're not branded and nobody claims them they'll get sold as wild cattle and the proceeds go to the state and if they're branded then she gets a call and it's her decision as to if she wants them sold or if she wants to pay to have them hauled back to her plus a brand inspection fee... Once she has consequences that she can't get out of she's likely to let them be sold.

1 thing is for sure you have mess on your hands.building a new fence is good.but i doubt that she will ever pay for her half of the fence.

Similar situation here.. but you'll love the outcome!

Same scenario.. older women (two maiden sisters) one dies, the other has the wild cows. After years of them being everywhere.. in the road, everyone else's place, etc., etc. a local guy finally convinces her to let him load them and sell them for her, and he'll lease the ground. Guess what? Now HIS cows are the ones that are out all the time! :?

Its the other neighbor who is making her pay for half of the fence that runs between the 2 of them-I can't really call the sherriff on her because she isn't only a neighbor but extended family-once our fence is done our problems are over

Latest posts