Serious Outgoing Email Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
The past few weeks we have experienced 3 of our outgoing email addresses being blocked by something called "Spamcop". We have not (in this lifetime) subscribed to that questionable service. Somehow, it has re-appeared on our outgoing emails about 50-75% of time, preventing us from sending. All of our outlook express email account settings are correct. Earlier attempt to "clean" our computer (erased hard drive and re-installed programs, etc. from virgin disks) did not prevent this problem from coming back.

Any ideas anyone??? HELP!! I'm going NUTS! (More than usual...lol).

Try downloading 'spybot search and destroy' I use that here at the office whenpeople get stuff that has downloaded to their computers. Do you have a virus protection software running that is automatically updated?
Do you have a firewall? All these can help with this stuff, but it is everywhere. If you surf the internet without a firewall and virus software then it is almost certain that you will pick up something. We get suff all the time and we have quite a few safeguards in place.

At home I keep getting a Spyware popup that kicks open my CD-rom.
Then tells me my CDrom is open...kind of creepy...

Hillbilly

Spam cop is not a service you sign up for, but a service you can use for free. If someone receives email from you, and they think it is spam, they can go to spam cop and "cut and paste" the email message, including the header info. Spam cop will notify the "offender", as well as the internet service provider.

You may want to double check your smtp server. It is possible that your smtp server has been reported as a spam server so when someone uses it for outgoing mail they think it is spam.

Spyware will not rid a computer from spam cop, since spam cop is not a program you install on your computer.

I've used spam cop before to report spam, I know how it works.

monkeywerkz":2651dn41 said:
Spam cop is not a service you sign up for, but a service you can use for free. If someone receives email from you, and they think it is spam, they can go to spam cop and "cut and paste" the email message, including the header info. Spam cop will notify the "offender", as well as the internet service provider.

You may want to double check your smtp server. It is possible that your smtp server has been reported as a spam server so when someone uses it for outgoing mail they think it is spam.

Spyware will not rid a computer from spam cop, since spam cop is not a program you install on your computer.

I've used spam cop before to report spam, I know how it works.

That is real scary! Our email servers are high end services...not any of the cheapy or free type ones. The spamcop has been blocking OUR emails even to US! I have Spy bot and Ad-Aware installed along with AVG virus software. Have been also using Norton Internet Virus. None of these programs have identified any "bad" things to cause these problems.... :(

Latest posts