Serious Gopher Ammo

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Well...got your attention anyway!

I was in our local sports/gun store yesterday. They've been doing a good business since November...

They had a new case of .50 caliber rifle shells. I looked at one...that sucker would cause the rifle to kick me back into the next county (with a broken shoulder...lol) if I tried to fire one of those! Obviously, there are some serious shooters in our area.

Couple of customers were in the store when I was there. Man and wife both bought guns.

I'm waiting on my CCL renewal to come back from State DPS before I get a smaller frame SA for CC in warm/hot weather. My large frame is rather impossible to conceal under a shirt...so haven't been carrying lately...but keep it close by...lol.

With the weight and muzzle brakes they have on the 50s they aren;t any worse then a .338 win mag. LOUD though

I was watching the "Future Weapons" TV show the other day and they were showing a new.416 sniper rifle that has a longer range than the .50 caliber. They were hitting targets at 2500yds.

Running Arrow Bill":daqvoaz2 said:

I was in our local sports/gun store yesterday. They've been doing a good business since November...

They had a new case of .50 caliber rifle shells. I looked at one...that sucker would cause the rifle to kick me back into the next county (with a broken shoulder...lol) if I tried to fire one of those! Obviously, there are some serious shooters in our area.

Couple of customers were in the store when I was there. Man and wife both bought guns.

I'm waiting on my CCL renewal to come back from State DPS before I get a smaller frame SA for CC in warm/hot weather. My large frame is rather impossible to conceal under a shirt...so haven't been carrying lately...but keep it close by...lol.

I just bought a Glock 27 .40 for concealed carry in the summer. I added the finger extensions on the magazines and that made a world of difference in the handling ability. That little sucker is pretty accurate, light weight, dependable and tough.

HOSS":3i6oszwh said:
Running Arrow Bill":3i6oszwh said:

I just bought a Glock 27 .40 for concealed carry in the summer. I added the finger extensions on the magazines and that made a world of difference in the handling ability. That little sucker is pretty accurate, light weight, dependable and tough.

Been looking at a Ruger in 327 Fed Mag for concealed carry has some pretty impressive ballistics.
Little smaller than the 44 special I typically carry.

Take a 50 cal machine gun, on tri pod, can make 55 gal. drums jump around ,at 3500 meters, like a 357 can do beer cans... AP ammo of 50 cal will priece 8 in. of tank armor... 20 mm even better..

HOSS":2ezjbxcc said:
Running Arrow Bill":2ezjbxcc said:

My personal carry is this.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...ted=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=15713

15 rounds

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1f8lua36 said:
ga. prime":1f8lua36 said:
Anybody carrying a Kalashnikov AK?

Not concealed carry. You'd dang near have to wear a trench coat all the time even in hot weather to hide that big ole thing.

:lol2: Just messing with ya, S&W.

ga. prime":2ncg07wv said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":2ncg07wv said:
ga. prime":2ncg07wv said:
Anybody carrying a Kalashnikov AK?

Not concealed carry. You'd dang near have to wear a trench coat all the time even in hot weather to hide that big ole thing.

:lol2: Just messing with ya, S&W.

I figured that. It is all in fun. I laughed when you asked that question. LOL

300px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg

S&WSigma40VEShooter":3qg2xraq said:
HerefordSire":3qg2xraq said:
If your arms are strong carry two of them, one in each hand.

Id be afraid I would get em hungup in my duster when I tried to pull em out and use em. I think one would work.

If we ever go to Martial law, they will know right where to find most of the automatics.

HerefordSire":es49bawd said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":es49bawd said:
HerefordSire":es49bawd said:
If your arms are strong carry two of them, one in each hand.

Id be afraid I would get em hungup in my duster when I tried to pull em out and use em. I think one would work.

If we ever go to Martial law, they will know right where to find most of the automatics.

I saw 10 pre ban automatics at a gun show a couple weeks ago. Could have bought em if I had had 1000 dollars.

Latest posts