September 2021 photo contest

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Old stuff hanging around the farm

Could be old junk or maybe something old and restored.
Ya'll post a picture now until last day of September.
You may vote by clicking like on the photo you like. Please only vote on one photo.

Do you know what they mine? Are there any old mines on your property? That's interesting.
Yes Shell, it was mostly alluvial tin but up the back along the watershed there are a couple of shafts where they were looking for the lode of tin, one hole was dug in 1873 through rock at the rate of 1 foot per week and goes down 65 ft, no lateral shafts as they didn't find big veins of it. Another shaft further along has a fair bit of underground workings, I have been down it into a big cavern but not explored it further as it goes down another shaft that has lateral tunnels off it. No shoring as mostly through rock. The holes are not fenced but I have not lost any cattle down them as they are in rocky high areas with no feed and are of no interest to the cows. There was some wolfram (tungsten) mined as well after WW2. A mining exploration company drilled about 12 holes about 13 years ago but could not sell the mining rights to any mining company, the minerals were there but a geologist told me extracting and seperating them would be too expensive at those current prices.

Ken

Cast your votes!!!
Last day to vote and to add final photos. Hurry hurry don't be late. 😁
Please vote by clicking like on ONLY ONE photo you like.
Thanks have a GREAT FRIDAY EVE!!! (Friday before Friday. For people like me that get their days mixed up. Haha jk)

Tin sluice, last used in the 1980's I think. I'm positioned to make a killing if the price of tin soars.

KenView attachment 8066View attachment 8067

[
QUOTE="J+ Cattle, post: 1704423, member: 4063"]
What about a US Geological Surveyors benchmark embedded in a large rock.View attachment 8522
[/QUOTE]

Wbvs58, Bruce, and J+cattle looks like ya'll have all tied. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Do ya'll want to decide on October's photo contest topic or have a tie breaker contest?

[
QUOTE="J+ Cattle, post: 1704423, member: 4063"]
What about a US Geological Surveyors benchmark embedded in a large rock.View attachment 8522

Wbvs58, Bruce, and J+cattle looks like ya'll have all tied. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Do ya'll want to decide on October's photo contest topic or have a tie breaker contest?
[/QUOTE]
How about a creek or watercourse on your property or nearby.

Ken

Just one piece of old junk I have that I just have to keep fixin'

Notice the springs on the flywheel are kinda buggered, it had no go anymore!

View attachment 7940
I have one of these except mine has a roll cage and cleats welded to the tracks. It needs a starter, I just have not gotten around to putting it on.

I have one of these except mine has a roll cage and cleats welded to the tracks. It needs a starter, I just have not gotten around to putting it on.
Ours had a roll cage but we had to remove it to put the hoe attachment on. This one has swamp tracks, which must have been a lot of work to make. Super handy machines, ours has done so much work around here20180714_200126.jpg

Hardcopy scans feb 17 2007 -04-3.jpg

Latest posts