Sept '22 Photo Contest

Help Support CattleToday:

I have been rooted where I am so long, I am beginning to wonder what a vacation is.
Last 2 times we left for any extended length of time was 3 years ago for Mr TC's heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic and most recently, Pisgah, AL (hey, @coachg!) for my mother in law's memorial service and cleaning out her house/estate stuff. Vacation? Mmmm, not so much.

No entry this month. I've already posted sunrise/sunsets from my old place and no longer own a farm or ranch.

Sunrise or sunset from your farm or ranch. And I'll clarify: not one you took on vacation.
DSC00187.JPG

Moonrise tonight should be pretty nice tho.

Shadows on my back porch......
shadows.jpg

Last edited:
The pics posted are stunning and thank you for sharing! But remember, an entry into the contest needs to be sent to me via PM. I'll bump the thread a few days prior to the cut off and generally post the poll a couple days before the end of the month. One entry per person, one vote - but you can change your vote before the poll closes.

Thanks!

I don't get sun set pictures here. The house sets at 2,700 feet and a couple of hills just to the west are over 5,000. The sun goes behind the hills an hour or more before it sets. On Monday B was here to doctor a couple calves. He didn't get here until after 5:30. By the time we caught the herd, sort the calves, and did our doctoring it was 6:30. It wasn't dark but the sun had gone behind the hills. He said I forgot you get dark here an hour before everyone else.