Sense of direction

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
My usually good sense of direction let me down today but I was not the only one. BF and I went to visit a friend in hospital and after walking a couple of really long passages, doing some left and rights we eventually found our friend....then the time came for us to leave and we both exited the room and turned left instead of right and from there it was all mixed up. We eventually got out of the building and then had to find the vehicle which took no time at all. I put it down to everything looking similar, no real landmarks and no sun overhead....perhaps?

The only other time I can remember the two of us getting lost was in the bush a couple of months ago. We had gone to a friend's game farm for a weekend and the first day had taken a drive, the landscape was flat and all the trees and surroundings looked similar. Later on in the day it became overcast and the wind blew up a dust storm. We could see no land marks, no sun and had gone off the main dirt road earlier on in the day thinking we could just follow our tracks when returning....We rode around in circles that afternoon and nearly ended up bashing each other :lol: . We found the gate eventually by fluke, sun had set. BF said to me "See Ali, I told you we should have come in this direction" and I retorted " Yeah yeah, I told you we should have brought the GPS" ...That broke the tension but we swore to take note of landmarks in future. It's not a nice feeling being lost :shock:

How's your sense of direction, poor or good? Or does it just leave you at times when you have been preoccupied and not taken in any landmarks or pointers?

I had a hard time in some of those long ridge mountains in Wyoming. You can come around and meet yourself going in the other direction. Got a little concerned a few times when out hunting Elk.

In citys I'm almost continually lost. Outdoors I don;t seem to have that problem. But there have been times I have been terribly confused about where I was, but never LOST

Outdoors I'm pretty good. Only been lost once and that was because the majority got me doubting where we were and I gave in and we turned around just 100 yards from where we needed to go. It got bad cause we had no water and we began getting chills even though it was pushing 100F. I was concerned. In buildings I just look for the EXIT and will even push the bar on the door even if says not too. My claustrophobia trumps any law. :oops:

I've been lost before in the woods and in the city. But when I go into a building I know where the door or the fire exit is. And I always sit or stand facing the door or exit. Being lost is a terrible feeling.

Excuse me--Is this the goat forum? I'm lookin for th goat forum, and seem to have made a wrong turn at the corner of google and yahoo, and ended up here by mistake--can someone tell me how to get to the goat forum??????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

dun":1n6xvcjd said:
In citys I'm almost continually lost. Outdoors I don;t seem to have that problem. But there have been times I have been terribly confused about where I was, but never LOST
:nod: So hard to keep track of North in the cities for me.....

Latest posts