Senior Citizen Dating Sites on the Internet . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
No, this question is not about me!!! But, if you are a male senior citizen (like up to 84 yrs.) and have tried on-line dating sites for seniors . . . what did you try? what wasn't the most fake?

I don't know anything about the "senior" ones. But I do see ads for "Our Time" and there certainly are some lookers on them! :lol: :lol:
They sure don't resemble the "seniors" that I in-vision on a site like that!

I don't think that any of the major dating sites are "fake". But there certainly can be fake individuals on any of them.
Also, because there are usually more women than men (at that age), an active gentleman should be pretty popular on a site like that.

Kathie in Thorp":3mfq5lnf said:
No, this question is not about me!!! But, if you are a male senior citizen (like up to 84 yrs.) and have tried on-line dating sites for seniors . . . what did you try? what wasn't the most fake?
OUR TIME was suggested. BUT, if I go check that out, and see what's in his area . . . . do I have to join up? I don't wanta do that!!!!! I love my elders; my elders can be a pain in the arse.

Some sites require you to do a profile before you can see anything.........
(I only know this because my daughter was on a couple.) :)

branguscowgirl":2rrhnbg1 said:
(it's your story--you can tell it like you want to.)

greybeard":vhg6r15n said:
branguscowgirl":vhg6r15n said:
(it's your story--you can tell it like you want to.)
:lol: GB you got me! Years ago I was on Match.com. It was a lot of fun at the time, but I'm over it. :yuck:
My daughter tried EHarmony and Match both. She met a lot of really great guys, but she didn't like the dating scene much either. Too much trouble when your so busy.

I'm not offended by the joking, but it really is a sad state of affairs for him. He was hit with macular degeneration about 15 years ago, and now has very little peripheral vision; so he hasn't been able to drive for years, or do woodworking, or hunt, or do photography -- all things he did well. He's been widowed for 2 years, after 50+ years of marriage. He still lives in his own home, but has a live in care provider that cleans, does laundry, cooks, helps pay his bills, etc. Except for bowling on Mondays (yes, I don't know how he does it, but he does) with a group of blind vets, and coffee with some friends on Wednesdays, his sits on his duff in the recliner and listens to the TV. So, he is becoming less fit every day. He used to go with the caregiver to shop and run errands, but he won't now. The care giver is younger and is only there to assist him -- not to be his entertainment -- but he cannot desist in propositioning her, so I don't know how long she'll put up with that craaap. He's LONELY and he's depressed. He spent a week with some relatives not long ago, who invited a senior, single lady over to join them for dinner one night. He asked her if she brought her jammies along!! He thinks he's being cute and funny. He's the only one that thinks so. He is cut from "old cloth" and the mere idea of paying for sex would probably doom him to hell. We've urged a senior living situation, where there are lots of seniors and things to do, but he is convinced that he'd be stuck with a bunch of old loonies that only play bingo and knit and listen to a piano player once a week. So, we're just trying to figure out how to get him out more, maybe find a friend for some companionship (that can drive), and see what happens from there, if he can keep from scaring one off. He does have a very high tech computer set up with a program that makes characters up to 2" tall on the screen -- I personally don't think the on-line thing would be a great idea for him, though, simply because of the time/difficulty in communicating that way, but it was suggested by another family member. We're about out of ideas . . . .

but he is convinced that he'd be stuck with a bunch of old loonies that only play bingo and knit and listen to a piano player once a week.
Been my experience, from visiting those facilities, that /\ is not nearly all that goes on in assisted care/living (nursing home) type places. The women are as bad (or worse) than the men.

greybeard":11hjq9oa said:
but he is convinced that he'd be stuck with a bunch of old loonies that only play bingo and knit and listen to a piano player once a week.
Been my experience, from visiting those facilities, that /\ is not nearly all that goes on in assisted care/living (nursing home) type places. The women are as bad (or worse) than the men.

X2

Latest posts