Send some prayers, please. :(

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
100 yr. old FIL needs surgery tomorrow for a bladder issue -- blood clots in there and a tumor fast-growing, and those are never good. He's a tough old feller, but at 100, nothing is easy. Thank you, everyone.

Well, the news is not real encouraging, so please keep prayers rolling. Here's the latest (this afternoon) word from SIL, who is there in Missouri:

"He came thu surgery pretty well, no problems with the anesthesia, but he is in extreme pain. There was a tumor in the bladder, but it was not causing the bleeding. His prostate was 5x larger than normal and it was causing the blood. Samples of tumor were sent to the lab, will not have results back for about a week. Dr is pretty confident that it is cancerous by its appearance, but guess we will have to wait and see. Daddy did not know that piece today and we did not tell him as he was hurting so much. Dr will probably tell him when she checks on him later."

You asked for updates . . . I'm updating. FIL is not having the bad pain issues now, post-surgery. They were not able to remove the entire bladder tumor. Waiting for biopsy results, but if they are bad (doc thinks they will be), he wants no chemo, no therapy. He says he's lived a good life. When released from hospital, he'll go into a rehab facility, just to get him back on his feet and back in his own house.

Glad he is pain free.
Pardon me if I sound negative, but I have seen a bladder problem that was treated with radiation. Things went wrong and the treatment was a lot worse than the original problem and the final outcome was the same.
I wish him the very best and recovery if that is in the cards. But there does come a time when it is time to just fold up your tent and move on to the next chapter.

Ryder":1dzf9osj said:
Glad he is pain free.
Pardon me if I sound negative, but I have seen a bladder problem that was treated with radiation. Things went wrong and the treatment was a lot worse than the original problem and the final outcome was the same.
I wish him the very best and recovery if that is in the cards. But there does come a time when it is time to just fold up your tent and move on to the next chapter.

I think he feels that way, too, Ryder. He says he's lived long enough. Still waiting on test results.