Semi-Angus Bull pinus problem

Help Support CattleToday:

DORUN

Reaction score
My bull had been in a fight with the neighbors bull but I knew nothing of it until I missed my bull a couple days later. I found him in the neighbors pasture. He was exhausted and appeared to have been there about three days with no water. While driving him home, I notice the pink portion of his pinus, about 3", sticking out. It has been about four days now and it is still out and appears to be swollen. What do you think? I have heard of a broke pinus but don't know how to tell. Is there a problem that I need to take him to a vet?
Ron

Ron,
It is not unusual for a portion of the penis to protrude. But it should not protrude all the time. If he has been recently very active with the cows the neighbor had, it could be the result of that. I would watch him a couple of days. But then call in the vet.

inyati13":nruq1krp said:
Ron,
It is not unusual for a portion of the penis to protrude. But it should not protrude all the time. If he has been recently very active with the cows the neighbor had, it could be the result of that. I would watch him a couple of days. But then call in the vet.

Do reckon he should massage it or maybe rub it 2 or 3 times a day ?

Latest posts