Semen

Help Support CattleToday:

Explosion is the sire of GK Genetic Explosion. Glen Klippenstein is still alive (I think) and running the American Chianina Association. He bred Explosion, so he MIGHT know where somebody has some in a tank someplace. Try the Berrys on GK Genetic Explosion. They are listed as an owner. Also try Reed. Neither are listed but they might know something. Reed does have Genetic Expl II 3ET in stock at $30 a straw. That would be sired by Explosion out of a King Ten daughter (sounds good in theory).

I checked the AHA site and Genetic Expl II 3 ET is a full brother to GK Genetic Explosion.

What do you know about the Expl ll 3 bull? In theory this bull sounds amazing but after checking the AHA is seen he only has 20 calves recorded.....i wasn't even alive when this bull was around so i was wondering if i could get some thoughts on this bull in his day?

hereford_jock":optexy2i said:
What do you know about the Expl ll 3 bull? In theory this bull sounds amazing but after checking the AHA is seen he only has 20 calves recorded.....i wasn't even alive when this bull was around so i was wondering if i could get some thoughts on this bull in his day?

Honestly I have never seen him or his progeny. I didn't know he existed until I skimmed the Reed semen guide last night. Reed doesn't even have a picture. All I know is that he is a full brother to GK Genetic Explosion and the semen and certificates are supposedly available and affordable. Obviously you would rather have the brother who earned the big name. IF that fails, the full sib is probably as close as you can get to obtaining those genetics. There are probably other Explosion sons out there if you look really hard.

Berry's have GE semen, but they were not selling any of theirs when I contacted them a few years back. Perhaps you can have better luck persuading them than I did. Kansas State probably still has some as well. They sold a few straws in their sale a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly it brought about $150 a straw.

Good Luck!

George

Latest posts