Semen tank

Help Support CattleToday:

JustSimmental":o6q359ro said:
Surely you can contact your own ABS Rep.. it's not that hard.... an Aggie can even do it

Could you contact ABS about this and post their reply here for us all to read. Along with pictures of those "shipper" tanks they are selling for 1/2 price.

The nearest ABS rep is close to 100 miles from me and I don't use him. My partner works for Acclgen and she does all of our AI work.

What's funny is how you pick and choose what you answer. ;-) If it doesn't have an EPD that seems to favor your point of view then you just duck it!

We have had some great folks on here for a long time who raise Simms and make a very good case for their cattle without going out of their way to insult everyone elses breed of choice. Funny how you do not seem to fit that mold. Just my :2cents:

100 miles is not a big deal--- At least try --call them--see what happens. I thought we are talking about semen tanks, now you want to talk about cattle too.

I dont pick and choose what I answer. Bring it -- ask away.

As far as stepping on toes of other breeders, it happens and it usually happens to those folks when they know already their breed of choice is lacking, but I believe as a PB breeder; we should all be honest about our cattle. Share our strengths as well as our weaknesses and be honest with bull buyers etc... --- the one time sale doesn't interest me

the return customer interests me more.

I am honest with every person that shows up here to look at cattle. I share their weaknesses with them, their strengths; what we have done to make our herd better etc--- Not everyone will and to me that is pretty sad, indeed. I dont talk my cattle up to buyers they come and look and take them or leave them. Making a sale is great, but it isn't the most important thing we do. I am not going to apologize to you or anyone one else for being honest.

Don't make this personal --this isnt personal

Thats it.

JS

The nearest ABS rep is close to 100 miles from me and I don't use him. My partner works for Acclgen and she does all of our AI work.

What's funny is how you pick and choose what you answer. ;-) If it doesn't have an EPD that seems to favor your point of view then you just duck it!

We have had some great folks on here for a long time who raise Simms and make a very good case for their cattle without going out of their way to insult everyone elses breed of choice. Funny how you do not seem to fit that mold. Just my :2cents:[/quote]

My Genex rep had 2 used ones for sale as well. One only had 3 canasters. I wouldn't worry about stepping on toes. If I sold Hondas and took a Harley in on trade, and you didn't want a Honda I would still sell ya a Harley. They may say they don't make anything on Cidrs or Kmars etc its just a service, but I think we all know better than that.

I have been using AI for 35 years....the key to a tank lasting is to NEVER let it go dry.....however you can buy a new tank of similar capacity for $95 more....anotherwords if you buy a used tank the owner must have always kept nitrogen in it.....do your research and you will be very happy with the progress you will make with AI

Latest posts