Semen tank

Help Support CattleToday:

TB521

Reaction score

Is this tank completely junk. If so what's out there reasonably priced

I have mine filled 4 times a yr. Once a qtr . my abs rep calls me and I bring my tank to work and he fills it . airgas in basically in my parking lot so I could get it filled there in an emergency

I looked at some different tanks that actually said how long they would hold the 3L were 20 days and 10L were 90

The 3L has a holding time of 20 days. It is probably best used as a shipping container. Having to recharge every 20 days would be a pain not to mention expensive.

TB521":1f6rci9z said:
Ok about how much does it cost to fill them

Select Sires charges me $30 Per quarter. My tank holds well but they are in my area every quarter so they top it off. I usually have 6 to 7 inches which is plenty.

Mine is a pretty big tank that we got at a farm sale. It is a 20 week tank so 4 + months. I also get it recharged every 3-4 months and runs about $40-$45. I drop it off at a dairy near me when he is due for a visit, or take it to the ABS guy about 10 miles away when I am going in that direction and leave it for a couple of days.

I guess we're lucky. Ours gets filled every 4 months and runs 25 bucks a pop. That's here at the farm

Latest posts