Semen tank parts

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
A toss up where to post this. I have an old MVE semen tank that needs to have the styrofoam in the cap replaced. Any suggestion or links to finding the part. I have tried the web site but didn't see much.

Thanks,
Alan

i think northern rancher is right... talk to semen rep he can get replacement parts

Northern Rancher":3nod5cdc said:
Old semen tanks give me the willies-I replace mine about every 5 years or so.

This tank is a second tank that I bought off ebay for $100. I have a new tank I use for semen storage. I'm in an area that doesn't have a regular rep that comes around, so I use the old tank to get LN2 and refill my tank, or to transport semen I buy from association shows. If the tank had a good cap I'm sure it would hold LN2 for a few months, but the cap really leaks and is only good for a week or so. I'm sure the tank does not leak anywhere else, no frost anywhere except the cap.

Alan

Call or E-mail select sires in washington. There is a rep in your area and I would bet money he can get you one and bring it right to you.
Good luck
Double R

allwest rep has always got me things for my tank he fills all my tanks and leaves me supplys that i need for breeding both at the dairy and other peoples beef cattle. he would stop by if it is close to other stops. pm me and i can give you his name and cell number , cindy