Semen suppliers

Help Support CattleToday:

Luckiamute

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience dealing with Bull Barn Genetics (Nebraska), Cattle Visions (Missouri) or Universal Semen Sales (Montana) and be willing to share your feelings about them? I have never dealt with any of them but am considering ordering my semen for this year from one of those three. Just curious if they are good businesses to deal with or if any of them have poor reputations. Thanks.

southernultrablack":127ga0d6 said:
I've dealt with BullBarn a couple of times and would order from them again. Never dealt with the others.
Thanks. Bull Barn is probably who I am ordering from as they have all the bulls I am looking at. Good to hear they are good to work with.

How does shipping work with these company's? Do they ship it out in a shipping container, then you ship it back to them? Or do you have to ship them a container first? I'd reallt like to try some black granite, but this is what's stopping me

Tbrake":16l80xyi said:
How does shipping work with these company's? Do they ship it out in a shipping container, then you ship it back to them? Or do you have to ship them a container first? I'd reallt like to try some black granite, but this is what's stopping me
They sent me mine in a container and ups came by 2-3 days later and picked it up. Shippin is high for just a few straws

Have bought from CattleVisions on several occasions... easy to work with, never had a problem with them.
They send semen in a shipper, with a call tag... after you make the transfer to your own tank, UPS or FedEx will come pick up the shipper.

Hogtiming":bpfdypnk said:
Tbrake":bpfdypnk said:
They sent me mine in a container and ups came by 2-3 days later and picked it up. Shippin is high for just a few straws
Yep, this is how BullBarn does it. I believe shipping was 80$ to Alabama.

Tbrake":1sstjhyc said:
about how much does shipping run you?
Last year I ordered semen from ST Genetics and was very happy with it and likely will use them again in the future as well. They are in Texas and I am in Oregon, and shipping for 10 straws was somewhere around $120 via UPS.

Ordered through Universal last year and got along fine. Shipping was in line with any other outfit and they worked well to make sure the semen showed up so that it could be handled properly and timely.

Jake":1p6l04k6 said:
Ordered through Universal last year and got along fine. Shipping was in line with any other outfit and they worked well to make sure the semen showed up so that it could be handled properly and timely.

I've bought from Universal and never had a problem. I don't remember what it cost to ship but I always figure about $100. I don't pay that much attention.

I've never gotten any from any of those 3 but have gotten a shipment from Interglobe in Illinois and they were good to deal with. Also got some from another in Ks where Walnut Crest keeps his Aubrac semen and that went fine. Shipping was about $125, from both but the shipment from Interglobe was a big quantity and they had to send a bigger shipper tank. Fedex delivered my first shipment from Ks and UPS did the Interglobe. Both had "call tags" to pick up the empty container. I think UPS was a little rougher with the handling. I did specify with both of the semen companies to allow a week after delivery for the pickup to occur to give me enough time to get the shipment and get it transferred as I was going to be away for a couple of days each time with work and wanted to make sure that I had enough time to get it transferred.

Latest posts