Selling Out

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess I'm just getting old but I have a really hard time taking anyone seriously that feels the need to pull out their phone and film everything or discuss their day on social media. I'm never sure if their insecure or just self important. Then again I've only got a few people that I'll even tell what I did today, everyone else gets the putting out mineral line. 😉
They make about $180K per year doing that.

What I saw said they only make about 28k.
You might be right.

When I first posted the YT an article show up and that may have been their total amount they got so far. I am not sure. I could not find the article again to post the link or verify the amount. Me going by memory is a risky thing to do.

You might be right.

When I first posted the YT an article show up and that may have been their total amount they got so far. I am not sure. I could not find the article again to post the link or verify the amount. Me going by memory is a risky thing to do.
I just edited to post a link. But they probably also make money from merchandise, and they have a podcast I believe.

Those "I make $4000 a week working from home, ask me how" things ya used to see in comment sections used to be a joke. Not so much anymore..

With only 40 cows they are going to have to have other irons in the fire. Maybe she works outside of the ranch. If they have a mortgage there is no way the 40 cows can support them.

I will say they show the good times and bad times on the channel. Most Social Media or Youtubers or what ever they're called would have you think life is all roses. I hope they can make it works but it's gonna take allot of doin. Several years ago I watched him break down a ranching income vs cost sheet and it stressed me out 😆

If you think that is stressful, just wait. There's a 'reality' TV show coming up, that has 'kids of celebrities' going from city life to farm life. It is going to be embarrassing to watch. (I probably won't watch since I learned my lesson trying to watch one of the oil field reality shows)

Some grandparents just don't care. Last month I bought another 75 acres from my father. He was given that land free and clear before his dad passed away as a gift. He has just let it go to the wild-literally didn't do anything with it for years. I'm an active rancher now-bought my own place 1/4 mile from my dad. I've started with nothing and built a nice operation. When I approached dad about buying his place he reluctantly agreed on market price-initially he wanted more than market!

Family and land and farms can be a blessing or a curse. Guess I ended up with the curse. Dad really didn't care if I ended up with it or not. But it was 2/3 of my late grandfather's farm, and that meant a lot to me-so I was going to buy it either way.

So I can relate to this guy in some ways. Hopefully he can work something out.
See, that's not right of your dad....if not free for you too...he should sell it 50 cents on the appraised dollar value to his son. If you cannot help your own family coming up behind you...then , in my book, you failed at life and failed your own family. I'm sorry for your hard-nosed hard-headed father.

If you think that is stressful, just wait. There's a 'reality' TV show coming up, that has 'kids of celebrities' going from city life to farm life. It is going to be embarrassing to watch. (I probably won't watch since I learned my lesson trying to watch one of the oil field reality shows)

wife has recorded it and I watched the first episode last night. One of the kids is a pro wrestler and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. The rest of them are a bunch of fruit loops.

Without concrete numbers it is really hard to tell, but if you have any type of business you probably need a tax man. He can advise you on the proper registration and the best way to buy and sell. Taxes are kinda important.

We already had something similar. Remember these two and the Simple Life? One of the early "reality" things.

sl.jpeg

See, that's not right of your dad....if not free for you too...he should sell it 50 cents on the appraised dollar value to his son. If you cannot help your own family coming up behind you...then , in my book, you failed at life and failed your own family. I'm sorry for your hard-nosed hard-headed father.
It was a tough situation for me and my family. I certainly feel that way, especially since in effect he was given the farm twice. Once as a gift, then he mortgaged it, and then when he was getting divorced my grandmother paid off the mortgage so he could keep the farm.

But, it was also his to do with however he wanted-and he didn't have to sell it to me. While it's it's way too easy to feel entitlement to the land, I've had to fight it hard to realize I shouldn't feel that way.

At the end of the day the most important thing for me was keeping up the land my grandfather bought after WWII and raised cattle on all of his life. I suppose once the dozer work gets finished in a few weeks it'll be worth more than I paid and have tied up in clearing it, but not by much. It's a good lesson for me on how to not pass it along to my kids. Each daughter will be able to have 80 acres free and clear when I kick the bucket-and I just hope they choose to continue what was started generations ago. But there's no guarantees in life, and they don't seem that interested. Maybe they will marry some boys that will want to raise cows 😊

I just bought 60 acres that had been in the same family for over 100 years. 1 wanted to keep it and did everything she could to stop the sale. The thing that was hard for me to believe was that her and her 2 boys couldn't find a way to keep it. They already had 1/3 of the down payment wrapped up. None really wanted to sell but family problems got in the way I guess. I told them all to swing by any time and if I put an entrance up I'd add their grandads initials on the side post.

If you ever really want to know what kind of Ole boy someone really is get in a money deal with them. The true colors always come out.

Latest posts