Selling Out - Planning to Move West.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bez

Reaction score
Wife and I have decided to get out of here. We are in in the east and want to return to our home in the west. We drove out west last September and realized that we were in the wrong part of the world.

So we have sold all the equipment and animals and the land is next.

We are looking for something in southern Saskatchewan, south or western Alberta or the north half of British Columbia. Nothing south of 100 Mile House. That part of the world is too limp wristed for us. It does not have to be fancy and it does not have to be luxurious. It just needs to be inside 45 minutes to town and be in a nicer part of the world than here.

The company I work for has decided to fire me if I move. Even though I have not been in the office for more than a year and they could use a representative out west. We have decided that will not stop us!

We have a couple of offers on the farm here and could walk away with about $700K in the bank if all goes well. We are looking for a place with a house, a shop and about 100 acres minimum.

Time will tell if we are successful at this but I have had it with eastern Ontario. The military moved us here and we developed this place for the past 20 years. But, the attitude and the politics and the people have changed. Not for the better. So it is time to go before we are too old to do so.

About the only thing stopping us now is the sale of the farm. If it goes this summer, then so do we!

Wish us luck!!!!

Best to all,

Bez

I did that about 4 years ago. Never looked back. Except I moved east. Any farther west and I would have been in the ocean. Life is short, a person should spend it where they want to live.

You shouldn't have too much problem finding what you are looking for in your price range. The Peace country might just be your area.

Don't blame you one bit. The very best of luck to you. I got out of the craziness in Connecticut in 1981, but now Virginia is getting too idiotic and "liberal" so even though I just bought a house on 2 acres near where we have most of the animals and farm, might be heading down a further bit to the east Tenn area near the Va line... I like the mountains and don't want to be right in the middle of everything. A little harder to do it when you are alone... but if things keep going crazy, I want out and away from the nutcases. Life is too short to be unhappy...learned that long time ago.

Edward Everette Horton said "Go west young man." to Josiah B Grinnel of Vermont. Grinnel later became an Iowa congressman.
Things being what they are if I were to move to Canada me thinks it would be Alberta.. Go look at it. You might like it. Good Luck!

I hope you find what you are looking for
I am not the one who must be listened to!!!
What "she who must be obeyed wants, will happen!!
Thanks and best from our house to your house.
Bez

You shouldn't have too much problem finding what you are looking for in your price range. The Peace country might just be your area.
We have spent a lot of time on the Peace region. Lived on a nice ranch near Dunvegan in the Fairview area for a long time and loved it.

Go for it Bez!
Life is too short to be miserable. I know you to well you and the Mrs. will succeed wherever you land.
God Bless.
Thanks for that one - almost done - just have to sell the land. We are going to do this because the number of days left in our lives are shorter than the days we have already lived - and we will do this for us. I cannot trade this Gal in - she has stayed with me through thick and thin for 42 years this year.

Edward Everette Horton said "Go west young man." to Josiah B Grinnel of Vermont. Grinnel later became an Iowa congressman.
Things being what they are if I were to move to Canada me thinks it would be Alberta.. Go look at it. You might like it. Good Luck!
I lived there for many years on a ranch near Dunvegan in the Fairview region - a wonderful part of the world.

We are home now.

It was a wonderful trip.

We had to change the plans a bit as a family member in Saskatchewan needed some help while we were out there. But we got to see a bunch of British Columbia and a tonne of places in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

I have been busy since we got home. The farm is sold but I have not yet found a job in Alberta so we are still looking while remaining in the house.

I do not want to buy in the north east corner of the province and then get a job in the south west corner! LOL!!

We are fortunate that the purchaser owns the land next to us and does not care about the house as he lives with his family in a far nicer place.

I have attached a link to Flicker.

There are two trips on that link - the trip from last year and the trip from this year.

To start the story all you have to do is click on any picture and you can then see the individual picture and the small story written under each picture.

The arrows on the right and the left of the picture that comes up will take you forward and back.

Wife took hundreds of pictures and spent forever sorting through them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187741599@N02/albums

Hope all are well.

Cheers,

Bez

Really awesome pics thanks for sharing. Best of luck on the next part of your move.