Selling hereford crosses at the lynchburg sale barn

Help Support CattleToday:

KT i like the thought of running the calves on the grass until it slows down, that was kinda what i had thought about doing, or at least running them another month or so. I wish i had the extra grass like most of you probably do, but im on limited resources right now. Im hoping to add some pasture land in the near future so i can expand my operation but who knows.

fitz":32w4v29t said:
Sd1030":32w4v29t said:
Toad i may have to check out the sale barn at roanoke. I think sky mentioned that the herefords did decent there to so i may have to check it out.

You never know. Seems Lynchburg often sells higher but I looked at Monday's report and Roanoke was around .20 higher on 5-6 wt. M/L #1's.
There are the same group of buyers at almost every sale I go to around here. They normally give a decent price anywhere but when they have someone to push them they give more. I was at Roanoke Monday and there was another group who came to buy 5 and 6 weight steers. Same groups at Christiansburg right now also. They have been fighting over those weights for a week or two.