selling beef & taxes

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I recently got licensed to sell beef by the cut in Tn. I also sell it by quarters/ halves or wholes. This is the first year to actually be licensed. Do I need to charge sales tax when selling by the quarter, half or whole as I would when selling individual cuts?

I would think that your state, county and city tax boards could better answer the question

dun":3l856fyn said:
I would think that your state, county and city tax boards could better answer the question

I already thought that to but someone wants to buy a quarter today (sooner than I thought) so my reasoning for asking this.

If whoever does your processing sells sides and quarters they should know.

If you sold it by the live wt then no, you shouldnt have to pay unless you sold it by the hanging wt.

tncattle- in missouri selling in bulk quantities of a quarter beef or more - sales tax is exempt. selling by the cut you must obtain a tax i.d. number and charge sales tax. the tax amount in missouri to be charged is determined by the department of revenue. filing payments are made to the department of revenue quarterly, but depending upon the amount of tax collected you may be allowed to file annually.

ROB

Latest posts