"Select Longhorn Sale"

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
There will be a "Rocky Mountain Select Longhorn Sale" held in Colorado Springs, CO., on August 14, 2004. Consigners had to be "approved" to enter a lot by submitting their entry's photos and registration papers.

I think there will be about 85 lots offered from about 30+ consigners from a number of states.

For anyone interested in viewing the lots consigned, you can visit their special website, http://www.selectlonghornsale.net for photos of the Longhorns. This should be an impressive sale for viewing. The principlals of this sale also publish the "Texas Longhorn Journal" (online) too.

I love the variety of colors that Longhorns produce! Would love to take a few heifers on the websites home and dehorn them and breed them to a good bull...then sit and wait for next year calves.. all calves will come to the world in a splash of colors....always exciting! Besides, LH are noted for their lean beef, which is always a plus!

greenpasture78":2tqlxgjs said:
I love the variety of colors that Longhorns produce! Would love to take a few heifers on the websites home and dehorn them and breed them to a good bull...then sit and wait for next year calves.. all calves will come to the world in a splash of colors....always exciting! Besides, LH are noted for their lean beef, which is always a plus!

If they're "good" or better longhorns, won't need to de-horn them...they should be very gentle. Any "wild" ones (due to a defective gene) are usually put in the freezer and taken out of the breeding circuit.

Latest posts