Seems like there's money to be made, don't know where?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Took 2 more cow calf pairs to the sale today. Two horses went through, not bad looking horses, one went for $10 the other for $25. Just seems like there is money to be made here I don't know where though. :? Any thoughts?

Also posted I the coffee shop, any help?

the money in the horses are those that are well trained and have done something (that can be proven.) The people that want to show with the big bucks are spending big bucks. A friend recently paid $60k for a horse for her daughter. The girl has already won multiple world championships with the gelding. The girl is very talented and her parents wanted a talented proven horse for her to succeed. Another well off friend recently paid 10k for an unshown yearling. this summer it has a couple or world and reserve world championships in yearling stallions. He is registered with 4 registries.

If you have the connections and good horses, you can get the $$$

Alan":3ibf7xgw said:
Two horses one went for $10 the other for $25. Just seems like there is money to be made here I don't know where though. :? Any thoughts?
You would think there has to be money in 'em just for pet food alone...but I don't know where or how either, sorry.

Someone once said, "The only money in horses is what you spend on them..."

We can thank PETA, EPA, the Libtards, Tree Huggers, and related for outlawing horse slaughter. With all the unwanted horses, uncontrolled breeding, etc., eating them would feed a lot of homeless & welfare people...just tell them "It's Meat Hamburger", made in the USA...lol.

You can do what they are doing around her. Just pull one out of the kill lot and feed it till it looks decent and advertise on a Facebook farm site for $1500.00. In the ad just say it was your best horse two years ago but you ran out of time for it. Some of these guys/gals are knocking down some serious cash doing that.

My vet told me their get .60 a pound for them at one of the sale barns he works they send them to Canada for slaughter

I did pretty well for a few summers buying cheap (or free) unbroke stud colts and turning them into decent riding geldings...

I'd be cautious of a sale barn unless you're really, really savvy or are deliberately buying the stuff you know is cheap because the owner says it's not broke, not handled, not gelded or vaccinated or dewormed. I've gotten burned a few times and I thought I knew what I was doing. lol.

Latest posts