Seems contradictary to me

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
We've all heard the news about the epidemic of obesety in the US.
Today some researchers are claimingthat the live expectancy in the US is 78 but kids being born today may live twice as long. They attribute it to the low calorie diet.
My problem is equating low calorie with obesity

dun

Doesn't make any sense does it? I also heard on the news the other day that they now think the vitamin D fom the sun reduces the chances of breast cancer. They can't decide whats good or bad can they?

ctlbaron":1hm2ke8c said:
Doesn't make any sense does it? I also heard on the news the other day that they now think the vitamin D fom the sun reduces the chances of breast cancer. They can't decide whats good or bad can they?

Maybe they figure all of the obese parents of today and tomorrow will feed their kids a healthier diet.

dun

I'm overweight myself. Its my fault though. We grab fast food too often instead of sitting down at the table like we used to. Everything moving too fast anymore. Kids sitting inside watching tv or playing video games instead of being outside playing or working.

ctlbaron":y2gm2xeh said:
I'm overweight myself. Its my fault though. We grab fast food too often instead of sitting down at the table like we used to. Everything moving too fast anymore. Kids sitting inside watching tv or playing video games instead of being outside playing or working.

That's just it, ctlbaron!! Low calorie diets do not do much good if you are sitting at the Play Station or Game Cube!! how many of us can remember the "good old days" when we PLAYED OUTSIDE AND DID NOT HAVE COMPUTER GAMES?? :shock: :shock: Even more disturbing and directly related to the obesity epidemic is the "outbreak" of kids with type 2 diabetes!! How scary!! These kids are sentenced to a life of needlesticks, medications, kidney failure (possible), possible blindness, wounds that willnot heal....diabetes is nothing to joke about and most kids do not understand how serious it is...their attitude is "oh well....so I have to take a shot of insulin...no big deal" WRONG!! :( :(

And they wonder why people are oveeweight. Every other week their is a new super food that will improve your life. Experts say kids watch too much TV, but then they put DVDs in cars.

I for one am glad they eat alot.

I just hope they ALL go for that high protein diet....

Maybe we can get feeder steer prices up around gas prices and retire to the farm full time. :shock:

MD