Seedstock Plus Sale results

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I attended the Seedstock Plus sale in Columbia, TN today. Had a pretty heavy attendance and allot of really nice bulls. Here is the bull that I brought home. He is a Balancer out of CTR Good Night 715T. Pretty balanced epd's with no extremes and good calving ease.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkx081sF ... ge&index=1

This bull topped the sale for $9,200 full possession and half interest. I was amazed that a red bull would top the sale in these parts but he is a really nice bull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HOauskO ... e&index=77

This purebred bull was second highest. I bid on him but it ran too high. He sold for $7,200.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvZXnLNr ... gbJAc-o5ge

I'll post pics of my bull when I can take some in the daylight. I didn't get him home until after dark tonight. He had his head in the hay ring as of 15 minutes ago adjusting nicely.

Black and Good":3w4py4di said:
Nice bull Hoss, can't wait to see pics!
B&G, my bull came from your neck of the woods. Waller Gelbvieh out in Baileyville, KS was the breeder.

LaneFarms":3n7jou80 said:
Hoss thats a fine bull. I like him better than the other two bulls.
Thanks, That red bull looked allot better in person than he did in the video. He was a real eye-popper when he strutted into the ring.

Hoss I really like the bull you bought. That Goodnight bull throws some real shiney ones here and there and you got one. That 17in ribeye makes him a freakin rockstar. I remember telling Vince that bull had a huge ribeye

I can't believe that sorry crippled red bull topped the sale. ;-)

I don't like the top selling blk bull that much,

He looks like he covers ground real well, he has what I call functional athleticism. A nice chest. Sure looks the part. Hope he works out real well for you.

Hoss, glad you got one of your picks. Best guess what did they average? How did the 171 look was he not a good solid bull? The Red bull in person is very impressive the video does not do justice to that bull.

double v":1a2np3ru said:
Hoss, glad you got one of your picks. Best guess what did they average? How did the 171 look was he not a good solid bull?
The Red bull in person is very impressive the video does not do justice to that bull.

aaaaaaw what do you know. All you did is look at him in person for 15 minutes. Don't you know that can't compare to a 30 second video clip. :roll:

double v":2pr7smap said:
Hoss, glad you got one of your picks. Best guess what did they average? How did the 171 look was he not a good solid bull? The Red bull in person is very impressive the video does not do justice to that bull.
171 looked really and was actually my first choice. Since he sold later in the sale than my 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices, and they were selling very high, I was afraid I would lose out completely if I didn't bid while I could. He actually sold for the same price as the bull I bought......oh well that is the way it goes I guess but I am pretty happy with 157.

I'm thinking they averaged around 3,700 or so.

Yes that red bull was very impressive.......actually all of the red bulls were.

I will also say that I was impressed by the way they ran the sale. Seedstock Plus seems like a classy organization.

Latest posts