Seeding Down Wet Spots

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I would like to seed down some wet spots asap. This is looking like early July - - which is often when our rain usually shuts off for about 6 weeks. Is drilling with a Brillion into damp July soil reasonable, rather than waiting till fall? Some risk either way since fall rains are not an automatic...

have no idea about minnesota....july seeding of grasses here would most years be a waste of time and money.....the exception would be the warm season stuff...millet, sudans etc, possibly bermuda or crab....

When it's to wet...ya gotta do just like we do when it's to dry....FORGETABOUTIT.... you can't force Mother Nature into doing what YOU want. Save your money and time for when conditions are right. :2cents: :2cents:
;-)
That little advice was worth 4 cents..... :lol:

1982vett":3khrrhwx said:
When it's to wet...ya gotta do just like we do when it's to dry....FORGETABOUTIT.... you can't force Mother Nature into doing what YOU want. Save your money and time for when conditions are right. :2cents: :2cents:
;-)
That little advice was worth 4 cents..... :lol:

I agree. If the ground is already saturated and you seed, and then get more rain, it's only going to drown out. I do see guys try to fight mother nature around here.....but it's an easy guess who wins.

Latest posts