Seeding advice?

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
So I have a styne cultivator Nd a tractor. Last year I worked up a 1 acre and hand sowed some oats the dragged my tractor bucket behind the tractor as a harrow. I like to keep things simple and cheap. But the handbroad casting is hardwork and limiting on area. Anyone got a budget tip to mechanise the sowing?

wbvs58 said:
Cone type fertiliser spreader is about as budget as you can get, especially if you borrow one.

Ken

Yep that and a DIY tire drag.

I've got a spreader pullsbehind 4 wheeler holds I think 150 pounds maybe 200 I really can't remember I just fill it up and put the rest on rack and refill as I go I ain't a big timer tho I've also got a sack spreader that goes around my neck it probably holds 30-40 pounds I

I think I gave 7 bucks for a 150lb spreader at auction, I can fill it a few times vs 300 bucks.

snoopdog said:
I think I gave 7 bucks for a 150lb spreader at auction, I can fill it a few times vs 300 bucks.

I ain't exactly sure what the one I have cost. My grandfather bought it to use on his deer lease but never used it asked me if I wanted it I told him
I'd use it. So he told me to come get it. I was over at his place the other day helping him with a few things and noticed he done bought another one just like it it's parked in his wood shed.

Latest posts