SEED BOX FOR PASTURE RENOVATOR

Help Support CattleToday:

Soggy Bottom

Reaction score
In the near future I'm going to buy a 4 or 6 shank pasture renovator to use in my pastures. I was wondering if there is a seed box I could add when needed to plant winter food plots such as clovers, rye, and things of that manner. I'm trying to get away from disking twice a year and would like to plant in the thatch from summer plots or pastures. I know a no till would be better but I cant justify the cost right now of planting 20 or so acres a year. I've checked around town and haven't found a place to rent them from either. Also thinking the small seed could be broadcasted , thank ran over with a roller of some type. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Try these seed pots, easily and cheaply made, 100mm drainage pipe to 100mm to 50mm reducer and then 2x 50mm end caps with centre bolt and the bottom drilled with various size holes depending on the size of your seed and rate of flow. The tickler is that flexible plastic coated curtain wire cut to just touch the ground at working depth for maximum jiggling.

Ken

Thank you for the information and pictures. I was wanting to make something exactly like that for an inexpensive seeder for now. Do these seeders drop the seed in the slits of the renovator pretty well?

Soggy Bottom":1uzerquo said:
Thank you for the information and pictures. I was wanting to make something exactly like that for an inexpensive seeder for now. Do these seeders drop the seed in the slits of the renovator pretty well?

Yes I have them pivoted there for a bit of flexibility so the seed will drop in the slot or on the disturbed soil beside the slot.

Ken

Could you show a closer up of tickler wire please? And what size holes do you recommend for various crops? Thanks

So how well do they work. I sort of dismissed the idea. Check out my post about small spreaders and cultivators.

Anyone else having problems viewing the images? I contacted the manufacturer of the daken C spreader but they won't export it to the USA.

Latest posts